Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you transport your miniatures?
I've been looking around at ways to transport my models, i'd like to buy battlefoam but can't justify spending all of that money on it. What would you guys recommend to transport my gear?
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Battlefoam. However you ruled that out.

Cheapest - Apply magnets to everything, and whack it it a steel toolbox, of box that's lined with steel paper. Useful if your traveling a short distance, as prolonged travel can see jolts throw minatures through your case. [url=http://www.oggames.co.uk/tools-and-magnetics/]OG Games/url] sell what I use for my fantasy needs.

Middle - Feldherr and KR, produce soft foam, and cases to fit. KR being the larger of the two companies, and UK based, have a degree of more options, but I find their site a pain to understand. They are also more like Battlefoam, in their cut foam approach.

Expensive - GW and Battlefoam. GW you pay for the plastic case, and the name. I have reverted to using an Army Case, ATM for my Lizards, as the custom cut foam for my P.A.C.K. System, no longer supports what I use in my army. However of these two I do prefer my Battlefoam, although the stiffer bottoms on trays, may be an issue to some. But the multitude of additional parts to their cases, does it for me.

Experience has shown me, that most "cases" the initial buy in is the expense (apart from KR which came in a cardboard box,) and them foam is somewhat cheaper, for when I want to change the contents.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
KR. the site is a pain but the product is great. Battlefoam is massively overpriced for what they are.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I stick mine in a cardboard box usually. Very rarely have problems with them breaking since I am careful it is always the right way up. Recently however i did get some foam stuff, from a company that I remember someone on here recommending but can't remember the name - i put these foam trays in a slightly oversized box and its fine.

Got to point out I have a car, the just a cardboard box approach wouldn't work with public transport or any great distance walking.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Kr Cases are a great budget range for transporting minis but they can be problematic if you have 3 or more to carry.

The cheapest method is large flat storage boxes which you can get from Wilkinson or somewhere but it really depends on what you need to transport.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I'd also vote for KR, great value for money, about £30 a box and if you get one just for infantry you can fit most of an army in one.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Quote:Kr Cases are a great budget range for transporting minis but they can be problematic if you have 3 or more to carry.
to a degree yes, but i work to a one box army model. each of my armies up to 2000 points will fit in one box. and i plan the army and box layout accordingly. there is one exception to this and thats my Dark angels as i have too many odd shaped models. then i just take one extra piece of foam out.

the 2 box backpack from KR is very good.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss