Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into 40k
Hi guys,

I used to play a lot of Warhammer 40k and fantasy but gave it up throughout university. Now I'm working I can just about afford to take up the hobby again:p

I was browsing through my local play groups and yours seemed very interesting, I had a few questions though if you don't mind -

-What points value games do you tend to play to with regards to 40k.
-I'm 25 would I fit in with the general age group of the society?
-Do you generally allow forgeworld bits and rules in your 40k games? I used to play a forge world armoured battalion list and still have most of the models. I understand it has been redone and updated for 65h edition, but I understand many places would rather stick to the core rules.

I look forward to hearing from and hopefully meeting you.

Jack Shepherd
Hey Jack, firstly welcome!

We play pretty much any points level, their have been games as low as 500pts up to around 1850, their are 3 main points levels we tend to play, 1500, 1750 and 1850.

I would say thats the average age of the 40k players, myself, I'm 27...

Most people stick to the core codex units, but forgeworld is fine, I'd just ask your opponent before you play? As there are no set rules about allowing/disallowing.

Hi and welcome jack. As Rob said, your age is no issue, a few people use forge world so it's no problem, I haven't seen that much of it though - a few contemptor dreads and some Hyperios missiles mostly. Should be fine, I'd just make your opponent aware what FW units you are taking before the game if poss!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Welcome Jack!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thanks for the replies, I look forward to meeting you all. Ill pop along to a meeting as soon as my work schedule allowsSmile

Jack
31 here, and a bit fan of forgeworld....I'm the one with contemptors and Hyperios!

more people using it would be great as there are some amazing units in FW and they add a different twist to games. just make your opponent aware of what they are before you start!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss