Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham IV
(13-09-2013, 04:44 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:
(13-09-2013, 03:25 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(13-09-2013, 02:21 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:
(13-09-2013, 01:55 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: No sky fire on the riptide? :p

It really sucks at taking out flyers dude. Much better at ground targets (with a template) on Intercept. I did the math on 3 BS3 S7 shooting vs. AV11 & 12. Even with tank hunters from Captin Awesome.

So I will be relying on magic tesla bullets to take down flyers. Big Grin
Could you not give captain awesome 2 missile pods and Skyfire? 4 BS5 S7 shots with tank hunter could be tasty.......

I did look at it. A skyfire commander but the MsSS won out. The missle pods vs. light transports is good with a decent range but the Tau are their to provide quility low AP shooting. So had to go with Fusion. It alloed me to swap out the TL fusion blaster on the riptide for the SMS. I really like to smart missles now.

Yeah did like SMS in my early tank heavy lists. Really good at killing 4+ guys.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(13-09-2013, 12:40 PM)manrogue Wrote: Is the new Marine codex in use at BB?

Cause they can now ignore cover with the Auspex relic so i read, so that might be worth bearing in mind.

Got a copy of the new codex, the auspex is just the same as the DA one, it is -1 to cover saves, not ignores cover so not that bad.

Going to be trying the DA auspex out on tues, also looking to see if space marine allies would be good for Dark Angels. I think for mixed wing they might be good, bringing the good flyers and access to the hunter (which at first glance looks better than the stalker at only 5pts more), also the vanilla libbies can take biomancy - need to remind myself what powers u can have for that.

Mainly tho a full vanilla tactical squad with azrael would be nice to hold a backfield objectives with the chapter tactics giving them reroll hits once a game and reroll snapshots once a game...I fancy painting up some Eagle warriors as well!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
My payment has been confirmed, all my models purchased and built. Just a shed load of painting now!! Hopefully the list I've came up with (same as league list) plays the way I hope! As I have no 'list B' lol
Hopefully tomorrows game will be a good meta test for your list and I'll get to see how much Grav Guns ruin my Serpents and how much I lack AA

(23-09-2013, 09:55 PM)Embolden Wrote: Hopefully tomorrows game will be a good meta test for your list and I'll get to see how much Grav Guns ruin my Serpents and how much I lack AA

Well yeah, theres gonna be a lot of grav tanks around n hopefully ppl wont have jumped on the grav gun band wagon as quickly as me but wel see! To be fair the only thing eldar lack is AA but being battle brothers with Tau, im assumin there will be a lot of allies about. Gonna be a good game anyway! Still ok to borrow the 2nd stormraven?
Hopefully!! Grav guns are fantastic are taking out Wave Serpents and Necron tanks... just gotta hope my Jink saves are goooood! (not been great so far!).

I would love a Riptide and or Broadsides with a buff commander.

But at 1500pts their is no real chance.

Buff Commander with ignore cover, 2+ save, hit and run with Broadsides is about 350pts + Kroot, makes it 400odd pts.

PS
No worries about the Storm Raven!

So...... After my first game with the imperial fists ive discoverd that ceturions die quickly and......grav cannons are awesome lol even with dawn of war deployment it still took 2 turns to get into range which is kinda worrying as at 90pts a model they take up a big chunk of my army. Any ideas guys?
Centurions are rather vulnerable, I think you've done the right thing in having a mix of Grav and Las to give you more range, can you roll on the telepathy tree for the libby and try to get Gate to get them in nice and close? I like the list, very extreme, you’re basically guaranteed to win KPs and the missions that have a low number of objectives you’ll have a great chance!

I made a few big mistakes last night, I should have made sure the second Dragon unit was in range turn2 but took a risk needing a 3 with the battle focus when I rolled a 2!, that would of freed my army up more, the Centurions would of been dead turn2, so I wouldnt of lost the Wraithguard + Spiritseer, I forgot Invisibility which would of saved the Wave Serpent, we made a mistake, those saves that Lysander failed should of been taken one/two at a time, as he failed 2 out of 5 could of been the first 2 leaving the rest of the squad dead :p, not a biggy though, I was just happy he was dead!)

Had a good practise game against Dave, who was very unlucky with 4 of his charge rolls which could have changed the outcome of the game but I was happy with my list apart from the Libby, who although he rolled a nice cover denying power just died again - two wounds is not enough for what I want him to do so I'm going to drop him for an interrogator chaplain on a bike:

Sammael - corvex 200
Int chap - bike, auspex 135
RW command - 5man, apothecary, 1 g.launcher, banner of devastation 295
RW command - 5 man, apothecary, 1 g. launcher 230
RW attack squad - 6 man, 2 melta guns, attack bike multi melta 236
RW attack squad - 3 man, 2 melta guns, combi melta, attack bike multi melta 165
RW attack squad - 6 man, 2 flamers, combiflamer, attack bike multi melta 236
1497 total

And that's it. 10killpoints which isn't too many if I am very careful with the attack bikes.

Going to stick with this list now, finish painting it and hope I don't meet too many fliers or Eldar/ tau/ necrons... Not too much to ask is it?! Oh, and win first turn every game would be nice Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
What am I missing with the grav weapons? I did not rate them but might have missed something. Savo 2/3 with a pseudo haywire and can wound vs armour. Is it the AI or AT firepower people like or just the fact it can be both?