Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham IV
Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah I am not looking forward to facing heldrakes - do you think many people will take 3 in a 1500pt list? The command squads have some protection from them with an inv. save guy up front and FNP but you're right the other bikes will die in droves... Will try and stick them in combat like you said Rob. If the Libby gets reroll saves up then he will pass his 3++ 8 out of 9 times, plus FNP! Course he will prob just fail perils...

I'll try and get a couple of games in with this list but not sure about the assault marines. Might try the dark shroud like you said Nick, needs painting though!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Right, so things haven't gone well in the last 2 weeks, not that I haven't learnt much, I have, but both games have been close loses Sad, so after thinking quite hard about what to take to BB, I'm still determined to go Mech as I still believe Mech can do well at tournaments, but I'm struggling to nail down a list that I thinks okay, then doesn't get beaten up on the table...

I've come up with a few lists, if people could give their opinions on these lists it would be much appreciated Big Grin

List1: (extreme)
Spiritseer - 70
5 Wraithguard in Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Holofields - 295
5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Holofields - 200
5 Fire Dragons in Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Holofields - 245
1500pts

List2:
Spiritseer - 70
5 Wraithguard in Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Holofields - 295
Fire Prism - Holofields - 140

List3:
Farseer - Jetbike, Mantle - 155
3 Jetbikes - 51
3 Jetbikes - 51

List4:
Farseer - Jetbike, Mantle - 155
3 Jetbikes - 51
3 Jetbikes - 51

Or something else? I just cannot decide lol

List 3 or 4 for me, the farseer has far more uses than the spiritseer and wraithguard

(though i have just got 5 wraithguard)

personally i would not like to come up against list 4.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(12-09-2013, 07:54 PM)Simian Wrote: List 3 or 4 for me, the farseer has far more uses than the spiritseer and wraithguard

(though i have just got 5 wraithguard)

personally i would not like to come up against list 4.

I'm worried about all the ignore cover that will be about, if he starts in reserve, he might not be effective till turn 3 or 4, while a Spiritseer can be great (depending on what powers are rolled).

I've been thinking again and I've come up with another list... much more fire power what do you guys think?

Spiritseer - 70
1x 5 Wraithguard in Serpent with Scatters and Holofields - 295
2x5 Dire Avengers in Serpents with Scatters and Holofields - 400
2x3 Jetbikes - 102
1 x 5 Fire Dragons in Serpent with Scatters and Holofields - 245
2x5 Warp Spiders - 190
Leaves me with 198pts

Not sure where to go next...

(12-09-2013, 07:54 PM)Simian Wrote: List 3 or 4 for me

Same for me.
Quote:I'm worried about all the ignore cover that will be about,
you'll have most of it with that list! and most of your troops will be inside tanks.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
yeah lsit 3 or 4, personally i like the 2 fire prisms.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
agreed, and target saturation, most people have 2-3 things that can hurt AV13, you'll have 6 targets. its a nightmare! think about how long your tanks lasted against me. by turn 6 despite having 2 Brightlances, 1 prism, 6 dark reapers and the fire power from the waveserpent i only killed 3 tanks. and one of those was with the Avatar!

your tactics were wrong against me, not your list.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Ignore Cover. It's mostly from Tau and Eldar.

Tau
Two marker light hits mostly from path finders who will fall to your wave serpent dakka.
A support commander with the MsSS or one with drone controller in a bunch of marker drones will be harder to take out as he can scoot out of line of sight. You can cover most angels with your speed and long range. I guess you target priority gets rejigged with anything that has this rule.

Eldar
Other Wave serpents. You are stuck in a mirror match :O)
Here is what I am running. Might change again but trying to stick with it till BB now. One less stormtek as I keep committing my troops to early and extra kit on commander.

Overlord 90
2 Storm Teks 50
Commander Awesome 197
Fusion/Fusion, Iridium Armour, CnC Node
Multi Suit, Jammer, PEN_Chip, VR Trusters
3 5 Warriors in Scythes 495
10 Kroot 60
Riptide Ion, EwO & SMS 190
3 Barges 270
Snipers 148
Total bang on 1500