Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bushido
One of the Earlswood Wargamer chaps pointed me in the direction of Bushido, a skirmish game with an ancient/mythical Japanese theme launched at the UK Games Expo this weekend.

From the overview on their website:

Quote:Bushido is a game of savage battles, of cunning stratagems and last-ditch defences, and where debts of honour are paid in blood. In Bushido, the fate of the world hangs not on armies but on individual heroes, men and women of extraordinary capacity, attuned to the all-permeating life force known as Ki. This force is the very fabric of the universe, and those with the appropriate training or natural talent can tap into this energy source and gain seemingly superhuman powers. In the world of Bushido, the delicate tapestry of Ki – and thus the universe itself –is threatened by the forces of imbalance, and it is up to you to protect it – or help rip it apart. In a game of Bushido, nothing less than the universe itself is at stake. Are you ready for the challenge of the Way of the Warrior?

Bushido is an oriental fantasy tabletop miniature battle game for two players. Each player commands a force of no more than a handful of individuals, represented by 32mm metal miniatures. These forces meet on the battlefield and the commanders (the players, that is) try to outwit, outfight and outlive the opposing force and fulfil their battle objectives while denying the enemy theirs. If you have played tabletop miniature games before, Bushido falls into the ‘skirmish game’ category: all miniatures represent individuals and your force consists of a small group of unique characters rather than a big faceless army. A game of Bushido is fast-moving, flexible and filled with strategizing, counter-strategizing and counter-counter-strategizing. Your tactical acumen is important, but as dice add an element of randomness, so too is your ability to think on your feet. A typical game of Bushido takes between one and two hours to play – more if you are new to the game, less if you are a seasoned veteran.

Very early days but the models look excellent. Picked up a couple of faction starter sets at an introductory price at the expo: Temple of Ro-Kan and The Prefecture of Ryu.

Quickstart rules are available for download from their website.

More info at http://www.bushido-thegame.com/
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
This looks great, think I'm going to have to get the starter set.
(06-06-2011, 09:37 AM)rachtheweevil Wrote: This looks great, think I'm going to have to get the starter set.

I'll bring the models we bought along to the meeting tonight if you like so you can have a closer look.
(06-06-2011, 09:43 AM)Stuart Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 09:37 AM)rachtheweevil Wrote: This looks great, think I'm going to have to get the starter set.

I'll bring the models we bought along to the meeting tonight if you like so you can have a closer look.

Same here Smile.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
That'd be great, thanks Smile
Gonna get some of my Bushido stuff built up for next week (hopefully) so I can bring them along and show them off Big Grin.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Is there any sign of where we can purchase the starter boxes from yet?
Have you checked out GCT studios' (the guys who made the game) website yet? As I think that they might have some release dates.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(07-06-2011, 05:34 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Is there any sign of where we can purchase the starter boxes from yet?

At the moment it looks like they can only be purchased from their own online store at http://shop.bushido-thegame.com/
Hm, I may consider picking up a Starter Set soon but I'd like to see some more of the models released first as the faction I like the sound of the most so far, The Savage Wave, only has one model I like (Zuba).

The rules look interesting though and appear to only be a step or two away from those of Warmachine so picking them up shouldn't be a problem.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)