Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse
looks like chapter house got a bloody nose but came out swinging and managed a score draw (won more claims, but got a fine).. but will they win in the long run? probably not.. I say this because I believe that CH are not that big and 25k fine could cost them solvency, plus GW have much more monetary power behind them so can continue to fight while if CH survive this fight, could they afford another? I'm not convinced.

I also think this sends out a very powerful message that GW will back up there words and threats, yes they will take you to court if (in their opinion) you try to copy there stuff... Although they technically lost 161 to 84 claims (I think), the fine that CH received would cripple most people running this sort of business from there spare rooms/small warehouse... so could warn others off... But this could work another way and in defiance encourage more people to do as CH have done, risking the wrath of GW.

I like bok's snippets about mysetic spores and tyranids the GW responses did make me laugh a little.

I also believe GW will tighten there trademarks.

Messages In This Thread
Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by Stuart - 16-06-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by Embolden - 17-06-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by manrogue - 17-06-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by Gareth - 19-10-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by Embolden - 20-10-2014, 06:36 AM
RE: Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by manrogue - 16-11-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: Games Workshop vs. Chapterhouse - by manrogue - 18-11-2014, 09:38 AM