Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALLIES
Is there anywhere in the Rules which restricts the number of Allies you can take.

For Example

If I take 500 Points of IG as my Primary Army, can I take 1,000 Points of SoB as Allies.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Nope, no limit bar foc chart, don't have rulebook on me, but it's near the allies matrix, things like paladins + draigo near the 1000pts for 1 squad and character Smile

the only restrictions are based on the FOC
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
as an expansion to the original question, can i ally myself from with the same army book, so orks with ork allies, and chaos with chaos allies etc..
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(04-06-2013, 10:06 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: as an expansion to the original question, can i ally myself from with the same army book, so orks with ork allies, and chaos with chaos allies etc..

Nope it specifically states that :p

I have accidentally left my rule book at my mom's and am trying to get my league list revision done, i was after some advice with regards to allies of convience. What are the negatives (if any) over battle brothers?
They are still scoring if i remember correctly?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah they still score. You can't put independent characters into the allies of convenience units. Like a Tau HQ in a squad of IG infantry. That's all I think.
Cool, Nothing too bad then.

Thanks Rob!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
They contest objectives against your troops too dont they? least that was the ruling at battlefield birmingham
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(06-06-2013, 07:38 AM)Simian Wrote: They contest objectives against your troops too dont they? least that was the ruling at battlefield birmingham

I sure Harry was joking when he said that because Beast of War came out with a crazy video about allies about how they cannot claim objectives, contest your own objectives etc etc but he said to completely ignore it!

Allies of convenience basically mean your warlord traits don't effect them, you cannot use psychic powers on them, any buffs you may get don't effect them and no ICs can join them. But they do score and they can contest (your opponents objectives :p)