Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWS 2 Feedback
Having been rudely awakened by not the dustman, but rather the council moving the patch of grass outside my bedroom, I thought I would throw up a feedback thread.

I know Im wonderful and you all enjoyed it, and Sam won and all that jazz. What I am after is positives and negatives from the event as a whole. 6 of you experienced the first one, so what did you enjoy or dislike over the first? What do you think was over powering, what would you think was too limiting to you? WHich set of scenarios did you prefer, which would you like to play again, which would you not want to play again, did you like the changes to Blood and Glory and Watchtower? Army lists being open, yes or no? Soft scores (painting time keeping etc?) positive or negative, would you change them, if you kept them?

Generally I am after event feedback, to improve the third one.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I just want to say that....You are wonderful and we all enjoyed that lol Smile
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
On the positve, Magic seemed just right, as did the scenarios, on the negative I lost every game !! However I think this was mainly down to me. ok all down to me. Maybe handicapping high elf player next time? ok I'm just bitter. Was definately more even encounters this time, I lost down to either my bad play, opponents good play or dice roles rather than an overpowering General or magic.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
I did mention about one change after first tournament. Namely 1 rare or 1 special restricction. I havent got to many reliable options and i consider changing army for next tournament.
positives - not dominated by fireball, scenarios meant you had to take balanced force eg some infantry for watchtower, standard or general for fortitude one.
negatives - my archers were crap! i would prefer less restrictions on army list as high elf player, maybe just 25% in core and 1 magic item.

things I learnt - you can't beat zombies by shooting them, trolls don't die very easily, and nor do grail knights except if your mage blows his own head off in the process - i missed the staff of solidity!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(25-04-2013, 09:46 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: i would prefer less restrictions on army list as high elf player, maybe just 25% in core and 1 magic item.

Thats exactly what you had, so I cannot see where the issue is?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
sorry badly worded, i meant i'd like to be able to pick a unit from rare and a unit from special, rather than 2 from special or two from rare. I don't mean special treatment as high elf, meant for everyone. I don't know if this is a good idea and perhaps it would unbalace things. Was throwing it out there to be discussed.

For example, I fancied taking a great egle and a unit of white lions but the current restrictions would not allow that.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(26-04-2013, 06:35 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I don't know if this is a good idea and perhaps it would unbalace things. Was throwing it out there to be discussed.

For example, I fancied taking a great egle and a unit of white lions but the current restrictions would not allow that.
That great idea, thats exactly what i would like to see in the next tournament.