Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting on a show
These are early thoughts..but just to give ppl a heads up about what may be coming up.

If the club numbers swell over the next couple of months, I'd like to try and put a on a show sometime next year.

As this will take some organising it would probably be later in the year, maybe mid-late September, but depending on how things go over the next few months we could go for june/july.

There's is also the possibility of doing something at Cool by the Pool this year, I'll keep ppl posted on this one.
I have been thinking about this idea recently, as I have noticed that pretty much every week we see at least one or two new faces, so if it continues, we'll have quite a club going by June/July next year. Reckon we could even try and get a table at the UK Games Expo next year, if we're lucky Big Grin. I think that we've got a good variety of games going on now, so it may just be something to think about.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
What would we do at a show? Just out of curiosity as I've never had the opportunity to see a club promote itself in such a way.

If anything happens with Cool By The Pool let me know, I live literally right next to where it's hosted at the pond/pool, so my house is available as a staging ground.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
At the very least it would involve some of us wearing silly t shirts !

Given that there a few ppl interested in building war boards, we should be able to knock up a couple for some demo games.

Then there's the participation stuff, a few trade stands, and other clubs invited along to setup and play one of their demo games.

It would also give use the chance to have a few games running from 10am until 6pm.

Might also be possible to combine the day/days with earlswood as there tends to be a lot of fantasy stuff going on with us, and more historical with them.

These are just all random thoughts at present.
(13-06-2011, 12:26 PM)Simon Wrote: At the very least it would involve some of us wearing silly t shirts !

I'm in!

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Seconded!

Sillyness mode engaged Big Grin

I'd be up for taking part and helping out and like I said, the house is available for our storage/break/random needs.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(25-05-2011, 04:49 PM)Simon Wrote: There's is also the possibility of doing something at Cool by the Pool this year, I'll keep ppl posted on this one.

There's the Morton Stanley Festival too.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."