Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Skirmish Day @ Total Wargamer – Sunday 19th May 2013
Warband assembled, scenarios read (and almost understood) and dice ready for tomorrow.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Had a very enjoyable day today, and great to meet a load of the chaps from the Alvechurch Templars (Matt will know them!).

Ended up in 5th place out of 8 after two wins and two losses - very happy with that, and just one kill away from 4th place!
There are a few photos from the day over on the SAGA forum: http://studiotomahawk.freeforums.org/post22673.html
Sounds good Stu, mid-table is very respectable!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Cheers Chris, very content with mid-table mediocrity Smile
how did they beat your Jomsvikings? I'm after tips !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Stuart,

You guys are more than welcome to come over to Wyvern Wargamers for a SAGA game on sundays. Plenty of room, just post on our forums if your after a game and i'm sure someone will take you up on it.
(24-05-2013, 08:36 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: how did they beat your Jomsvikings? I'm after tips !!

Big Grin

The games were mostly based on objective based scenarios, with only one round being a Warlord face-off. I was very close to taking out the Warlord in that round, and inflicted something like 9 wounding hits - of which one was auto-cancelled and the remaining 8 were deflected using Resilience onto the exact number of surrounding models!

Interestingly all my opponents chose to withhold Wrath, and I think I only managed to gain a single point of Wrath during the entire day.
(25-05-2013, 11:25 AM)Zeewulf Wrote: Stuart,

You guys are more than welcome to come over to Wyvern Wargamers for a SAGA game on sundays. Plenty of room, just post on our forums if your after a game and i'm sure someone will take you up on it.

Cheers Dean - I didn't realise that Saga was also popular with the Alvechurch Templars. Will definitely be looking to get some more games in.