Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Midland Day of Lard @ Wyvern Wargamers - June 8th 2013
Chris from Wyvern Wargamers just sent me this:

Quote:Wyvern Wargamers would like to invite you down to our upcoming event at Wyvern Wargamers (Evesham) on 8th June from 0900-1800 at the Bishampton Village Hall. We've got Rich Clarke (TFL) coming for the day to be on hand, answer rules queries, run demos of Chain of Command and generally be "pushing the Lard". Also Neil Shuck of Meeples Miniatures will be joining us.

We've got enough kit between us to be running AT LEAST one table each of games of IABSM3 (15mm WW2), IABNM (as yet unpublished Cold War rules), Sharpe Practice (28mm Napoleonic - maybe including our Zulu/French Indian variants too?), Mud & Blood (WW1 28mm), Terrible Sharp Sword (ACW 28mm), Tin Star (as yet unpublished Cowboy skirmish 28mm) & Dux Britanniarum (Dark Ages 28mm).

Rich'll be pushing the imminent release of Chain of Command (WW2 Platoon+ 28mm); we'll have two participation tables covering that.
We'll be encouraging everyone to bring their own kit too where able; pre-arranging games if possible once numbers are ascertained.

The loose plan at this point is to try and get in one game in the morning, switch opponents/periods and play a second game after lunch.

When we're all done, we'll head back into town, see those who need to their accommodations and reconvene to beer and curry with the "Lord of the Lard" himself.

There are 24 places (10 left at this point) for the event at £5 per head. If you do decide you'd like to come and would like to bring any of your regular gaming bunch, they'd be most welcome too. Please just let us know soon.

If this is of interest to anyone then let me know and I'll pass on Chris' contact details.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."