Poll: Which would you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cthulhu
16.67%
1 16.67%
Thrones
33.33%
2 33.33%
Star Wars
16.67%
1 16.67%
Lord of the rings
33.33%
2 33.33%
Other (please specify)
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New living card games
Brick 
Was discussing the possibilities of getting a new lcg with Simon, Mick & Justin this evening, thought I'd put on a bit of info I've obtained.

Cthulhu is 2 player, pvp only
Star Wars is rebel v empire, not sure if 2 player or multi player 2 sided
Game of thrones is up to 6 player, individual pvpvp or co-op team v team (same as ccg)
Lord of the rings is 1-4 player, co-op vs an event deck
Warhammer 2 player pvp, but does look possible of multi player (may need to check rules)

In all cases, it does sound like there is a lot of variation as to lead characters and deck specifics, dependant on how many expansion (chapter) packs you wish to buy.

Any thoughts?
Models painted in 2016 0

40k (Tau, Bork'an sept; Orks; Chaos daemons; Imperial Guard, Catachans with help from Valhallans & Pretorians; Space Wolves) Warhammer (Orcs & Goblins) BFG (Orks; Chaos) Necromunda (Cawdor; Wyrd Gathering; Ratskin Scouts) Blood Bowl (Wood Elves) Malifaux (Gremlins; Colette Du Bois)
Have found multi player rules for Cthulhu.
No official multi player rules for warhammer but doesn't look impossible.
Models painted in 2016 0

40k (Tau, Bork'an sept; Orks; Chaos daemons; Imperial Guard, Catachans with help from Valhallans & Pretorians; Space Wolves) Warhammer (Orcs & Goblins) BFG (Orks; Chaos) Necromunda (Cawdor; Wyrd Gathering; Ratskin Scouts) Blood Bowl (Wood Elves) Malifaux (Gremlins; Colette Du Bois)
Star Wars multiplayer rules are being released in an expansion soon (early to mid 2013 called balance of the force)
Models painted in 2016 0

Have looked at games in store, Cthulhu definitely only 2 player in the box, unofficial multi player rules online. Warhammer has multi player rules in box as does lotr. Star Wars is so new that there are very few expansions out. Currently only 2 player.
Models painted in 2016 0

My first thoughts; I would happily play any of the LCGs, I have no real preference on which one.

But... If I had to choose, my actual preference would be Android: NetRunner, LOTR or Warhammer, with some tilt towards AGOT.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I popped into my local game store earlier in the week, net runner is the most popular card game but is out of print apparently and they can only get it in occasionally, at which point it usually flies off the shelf, so I'd be reluctant to try to start that game unless we can easily get multiple copies of the starter and an easy access to whichever booster we wanted.
As to game if thrones, I wouldn't start the lcg as I already have the TCG and although I can use all those cards in the same way as everyone else in the lcg rules, I would be at an advantage because I would have cards not available to every one else.
What I'm trying to get to, is a game where all of us can start at the same point, that would be the most balanced way of doing things. From that viewpoint, Cthulhu has so many boosters available, someone with a large capital could, in theory, buy all the cards and be at a significant advantage over someone who couldn't afford to purchase much more than the starter set.
Having spent time looking at them all, Cthulhu is my least favourite but warhammer, lotr or Star Wars would be my choice. Warhammer has 6 races to choose from, 3 order and 3 destruction. Star Wars currently has 4 but will eventually get a further 2 according to ffg. Lotr has 4 'spheres' which I guess work the same as races. Cthulhu has 8 factions, which can all be combined.
Models painted in 2016 0