Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
warhammer 40k cities of death campaign!
Me and sarah have had an idea of doing a campaign over some cities using the cities of death rules.
it would be Imperium vs invaders (any other kind of army).

at the moment we have 6 people up for it:
Daniel (tyranid invaders)
Sam (ork invaders i think or tyranids)
Tom/me (ultra marines)
sarah (blood angels)
George (imperial guard)
Paul (orks)
if anyone is interested pls either put a reply on here or tell me in private massage or at the club on tuesday.
hope some of you would like to have a go at cities of death.

Tom

i suggest that people that are going to do our campaign do a practice battle against someone as that is what me and sarah are going to do.
and you will need a 1500pts

How the campaign will work:
what will happen is that you will be put into parrtners which i will randomly choose at home. Then there will be duo fights going on. WE will all do the same scenario, we will do the gamma setup for the board and then do the fire sweep scenario which is take the ruins and look after them. After all the duo's have fought everyone on the opposing side on the final week we will do a enormous Omega battle with thw whole teams fighting each other on one board on that day i will give you all a private message if i know your name and give you a random mission which maybe to desive your own team for one or two. YOU CANNOT TELL PEOPLE YOUR MISSION!!. when this happens you will get a point if you manage to complete your objective . it will be good match but everyone needs to be organised if we are going to complete the campaign. You will have to pick a captain to lead your battle they will tell you what to do or just make sure you are doing it right.

you are only aloud to change 1/4 of the pts in your army after every game but you don't have too. This is why a advise you too play a practise game either at the club or another time.

there will be a table of the individual players put in there teams. The team that wins must have more points than the enemy to win. How you get points? just like football 3 for a win 1 for a draw 0 for a loss. Also alongside that you have another objective through out the whole, to anihilate units and you get 1 point for every unit you destroy in a seperate league and the person that destroyes the most unit will be nick named the destroyer. And the leader of that at the end of thw duo battles will get the nick name. But people might get jelous

We will roughly start on the 13th June but if the days are moved we it wil be the day that week.

Tom.
there will also be a prise for the person who wipes out the most enemy units in the game as they are trying either to wipe them out for the invaders or stem the tide as imperium I have made a chart to show these things and will bring it tonight.
i ahve put lots more into the second reply so pls re read it.

tom.
Sounds super Tom! I'm especially excited for the Omega battle! But I better stick my nose in the Cities of Death expansion book.
cool, now we have 8 people i have made the duo partners for the first few gamma battles

the teams are:
from the imperium:
Duo1 chapter master Tom-
Duo2 descendent of saignius Sarah- comissar george

from the invaders we have:
Duo1 Hive tyrant daniel-Warlord Paul
Duo2 Warlord Sam-

tried to match the duo's up as fair as possible as we have some people really good at the rules and some beginers.

Tom

need 2 more
we need 2 more players for the campaign please give me a private message if you can
getting very close to the campaign and atm we only have 6 people that will defently do it

to make it the campaign people wanted we needed to have 8 so it would be 2 battle and 4 people in each then swap over the following week and finally everyone is going to do the omega battle

for this to happen we need 2 people

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
guys it looks like its just the 6 of us doing it so we are gonna have to do singles this is whose gonna be fighting who

imperium invaders
blood angel sarah vs orky Paul
chapter master tom vs hive tyrant dan
commisar george vs warlord sam

the armies of the person you are fighting are i the first thread.

tom

if there are 2 willing people to do the campaign then we are still up for duo's.

i was talking to sam and paul and they nominated there team cpt.

Hive tyrant Dan

Dan congrats you are now the invaders team captain

everyone needs a 1500 pts army of what they said they would play as
this is the table for the league that i made on exel
pls click on the link below as this is where you will find out how well people are doing:

Attached Files
.xlsx   city fight chart.xlsx (Size: 9.36 KB / Downloads: 384)
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Or you could still have doubles, but only one game a week.

Week 1 - Team A vs Team B, Team C can play each other at 40k or try to find another game system match up.
Week 2 - Team B vs Team C, Team A are on their free week.
Week 3 - Team C vs Team A, Team B are free.
Week 4 - Team B vs Team A, Team C are free, optional from here on, but reverse games incase you have attack/defend rules or whatever.
etc.
Maybe week 4 onwards play singles games, counting towards things rather than doubles. Or you could have the free team involved in a singles match up each week with the result counting towards the overall score.
There are options for you still Tom. I would have joined in I'd inhad a force, and a clue how to play 40k.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen