Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer fantasy 9th edition rumours and rumoured release schedule
Spotted these rather tasty sounding rumours, 9th could be a big shake up for the fluff!-

Harry wrote:I'm honestly not sure where my money is. I try to imagine one book like warhammer armies for third edition ... then I look at my pile of hardback, or even the old soft back army books. It's not going to work. Back in second edition they only had about 10 armies and they could fit the army list on a few pages. Now we have a few more and they are all fully fleshed out armies that fill a book on their own. Either they will have to leave a lot of stuff out and just include army lists and a bit of bestiary to explain special rules OR they will need to be more than one book. If they do fit the stuff they need in one book where are they going to put the rest of the rich history, background, bestiary, hobby section, etc, etc. I can't see them leaving all that behind. (Which means it may be exactly as described in the first post that Warhammer armies is one thing but full army books remain).
When I heard about this it was still all up in the air.... I have no idea where the dust settled ... so just be sure that you are taking a chance.

(...)
I am not sure I have added any new information or even clarified the OP ... just re-stating what I said 10 months ago. The funny thing is this is not even the biggest change I heard about. (It's just what came up on the thread).
Again I don't know the details as I heard this a while ago and I suspect it was still all up in the air and I don't know where it all came down again ... but ... I did hear that the timeline was going to move forward. Not just a few years either but a few hundred of years. I didn't mention this at the time because they had only just released Karl Franz. But unless the Empire's magic users have come up with some clever way of prolonging life he along with every other special character would be dead and gone. But that is not all that would change ... technologies would move on. What technological advances would the skaven have come up with in another few hundred years? The empire already have robotic horses for crying out loud ... (reminds me ... I must get on and paint that Clockwork Dragon.) The Dwarves have flying machines now .... presumably they will be entering the space race? (No ... I am not predicting the return of squats to 40K). I am just saying things could change a good bit. Empires could rise and fall. Cataclysm could have happened, comets could have returned, civilisations could be wiped off the map. The balance of power could certainly have changed.

My sense of it was they were planning to take the opportunity to reset the clock and shake things up a bit.
(and that's just the background!!! )

Lets just say when 9th edition comes ... Warhammer Armies will not be the only, or the biggest topic of conversation.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Warhammer fantasy 9th edition rumours and rumoured release schedule - by manrogue - 22-09-2013, 05:07 PM