Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Just an idea...
What does everyone think to meeting for a social one of these (non-gaming) days? It would be nice to meet folks away from the fields of death and destruction; chat to those we haven't battled/been defeated by* yet. Maybe a meal or something - someplace all ages can go to? Just a thought Smile

*Delete as applicable
Sounds great to me - it can be a struggle to find time for a chat during the meetings given the all-consuming carnage going on Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I suggest a curry, maybe at the award winning Redditch Spice (I'm not on commission)
(25-05-2011, 04:17 PM)Simon Wrote: I suggest a curry, maybe at the award winning Redditch Spice (I'm not on commission)

I like your thinking. Count me in.
Not a major fan of Curry's but what I am a big fan of is going out. If needs be I will be the person ordering "the English," or at least if they have a menu like Rileys, something sufficently fruity.
It's a nice idea. I'd rather throw in do something like a trip to Warhammer World. Have a 7 seater and happy to taxi. Make a day of it.Organize a game and time to socialize in Bugmans, call it the inaugral AGM.?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Warhammer World sounds good, a Curry sounds good as well!
[b]
[/b][/size]
On Pauls idea, gaming is limited to the GW systems which our WM players may miss out over. We could run up to WW for a looksie, pick up some bits and bobs, but then move over to Maelstrom in Mansfield for gaming and other system purchasing.
(08-06-2011, 06:31 PM)Agincourt Wrote: It's a nice idea. I'd rather throw in do something like a trip to Warhammer World. Have a 7 seater and happy to taxi. Make a day of it.Organize a game and time to socialize in Bugmans, call it the inaugral AGM.?

I'd be up for either - a club trip to Warhammer World should definitely be considered at some point. We've also got a 7 seater so between us we should be able to take most people!
(08-06-2011, 10:16 PM)Gareth Wrote: ...Maelstrom in Mansfield for gaming and other system purchasing.

I'd be up for this too - would be interesting to check out their gaming facilities.