Poll: would you guys like to see a minecraft server in the future
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, I want a minecraft server!
100.00%
4 100.00%
no, minecraft is a rubbish game
0%
0 0%
! don't care either way
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc
Calling all players of the minecrafts!

after a chat with Stuart, Luke and a few other members on the way home from last Tuesday, realised that most if not all of our members might all be mine craft players.

so I, the mighty but humble cookie, would like to know if anyone would be interest in setting up a mine craft server for the club to play on.

this isn't saying its gonna happen, its just to see how many people would like it if we could do it.

so vote and comment on this topic to say ye or nae for a redwarsoc mine craft server.

Mine crafters unite!
[Image: minecraftersunite_zps73bfe05d.png]
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I'll move this to the video game forum Sam.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I plan to get minecraft on the CPU so that would be nice
Armies:
warhammer40K: chaos space marines and Orks
warhammer fantasy: high Elves
Flames Of War: late war Russian Guards battalion
Blood Bowl: Humans- "Albion Nugget Smashers", Orcs-"BIGG'S dragon slayas", Skaven-"New Albion Rats"

love the game would be up for this as its awesome
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Would be awesome I would play it or anything you want because I like minecraft a lot, my mates making a tektit server so maybe one of those would be good. If not we could just go on Xbox.
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

well lucky for you lot I've been doing some nosing about renting a server, and its can be done, it'll however cost between £3 and £10 a month depending on what mods we want (if we want mods) and how many people we want on the server. this option means that someone wouldn't have to run the server from their computer.

or if someone has a really good computer and doesn't mind being an admin, we can ask them to host the server from their computer, this means that we can adjust the server on the fly and its wont cost us anything apart from the guys electric and internet bill.

so we have options, its just a case of everyone sitting down and agreeing on a plan, or if we even want a minecraft server (which would be cool to have in my opinion.)

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
(17-03-2013, 01:55 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: well lucky for you lot I've been doing some nosing about renting a server, and its can be done, it'll however cost between £3 and £10 a month depending on what mods we want (if we want mods) and how many people we want on the server. this option means that someone wouldn't have to run the server from their computer.

or if someone has a really good computer and doesn't mind being an admin, we can ask them to host the server from their computer, this means that we can adjust the server on the fly and its wont cost us anything apart from the guys electric and internet bill.

so we have options, its just a case of everyone sitting down and agreeing on a plan, or if we even want a minecraft server (which would be cool to have in my opinion.)
At the moment I am quiet broke, but my computer will be good enough, I don't know the specs, but I know it can run any minecraft mod, the question is can it run them on a server? Anyway, it can run quiet grapchical games such as skyrim with a hell of a lot of mods and it can run them smoothlyBig Grin of course my brother has an epic computer, but he dosen'nt have minecraft on PC Sad I think we should do a tekkit server.
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

(17-03-2013, 01:55 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: well lucky for you lot I've been doing some nosing about renting a server, and its can be done, it'll however cost between £3 and £10 a month depending on what mods we want (if we want mods) and how many people we want on the server. this option means that someone wouldn't have to run the server from their computer.

At the moment I am quiet broke, but my computer will be good enough, I don't know the specs, but I know it can run any minecraft mod, the question is can it run them on a server? Anyway, it can run quiet grapchical games such as skyrim with a hell of a lot of mods and it can run them smoothlyBig Grin of course my brother has an epic computer, but he dosen'nt have minecraft on PC Sad
My armies!

History lover

(21-03-2013, 09:50 AM)40knerd99 Wrote: At the moment I am quiet broke, but my computer will be good enough, I don't know the specs, but I know it can run any minecraft mod, the question is can it run them on a server? Anyway, it can run quiet grapchical games such as skyrim with a hell of a lot of mods and it can run them smoothlyBig Grin of course my brother has an epic computer, but he dosen'nt have minecraft on PC Sad

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server
check that wiki page on running a server

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server/Requirements
server requirements

http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/
do this link and do what it says this will tell you how many people you can have on a server at once.