Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWS500 Two - April 23rd 2013
(23-04-2013, 10:42 PM)Gareth Wrote: Congrats to Sam who once again won the event. This time I tied with him on tournament points, but I scored a total of 19 less victory points.

Nicely timed by you all, we only had one game that failed to complete in the allotted time frame, and we were packed away before 10, which was super.

I'll pop up a feedback thread in a day or two.

all because i messed up my first turn against you Gareth, if i hadn't then i could have won on tournament points, also i messed up with the spear men again if i hadn't then it may have been a minor win to me.

either way lots of fun, next time i will run my orcs and goblins to make things easier on you lot
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(24-04-2013, 12:03 AM)Cookie101 Wrote:
(23-04-2013, 10:42 PM)Gareth Wrote: Congrats to Sam who once again won the event. This time I tied with him on tournament points, but I scored a total of 19 less victory points.

Nicely timed by you all, we only had one game that failed to complete in the allotted time frame, and we were packed away before 10, which was super.

all because i messed up my first turn against you Gareth, if i hadn't then i could have won on tournament points, also i messed up with the spear men again if i hadn't then it may have been a minor win to me.

either way lots of fun, next time i will run my orcs and goblins to make things easier on you lot

Or the game might have been a win too me. Just because you messed up, and got a draw doesn't mean, that if you hadn't, I wouldn't have done different things, that resulted in a win to me. I could have got my skinks in the building, used it as an anchor point, spent the game running in circles, shooting you with javelins from the building, Skirmishers that you cannot charge, and running away with Krox and Scar-vet. If you charge the building, my Skinks, will still have the opportunity to shoot, if its with your spears, you stand a better chance at whittling down my javelins, than with your A1 St3 5men, and Noble Dragon Princes, but I then move in my Krox, and you stand no chance at the 100vp.

Game could have been very different, and your mistakes, may have stopped you loosing, rather than have cost you victory. It's something, no one could ever know,(except a dimension jumping Arnold Rimmer.)
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-04-2013, 06:57 AM)Gareth Wrote:
(24-04-2013, 12:03 AM)Cookie101 Wrote:

Or the game might have been a win too me. Just because you messed up, and got a draw doesn't mean, that if you hadn't, I wouldn't have done different things, that resulted in a win to me. I could have got my skinks in the building, used it as an anchor point, spent the game running in circles, shooting you with javelins from the building, Skirmishers that you cannot charge, and running away with Krox and Scar-vet. If you charge the building, my Skinks, will still have the opportunity to shoot, if its with your spears, you stand a better chance at whittling down my javelins, than with your A1 St3 5men, and Noble Dragon Princes, but I then move in my Krox, and you stand no chance at the 100vp.

Game could have been very different, and your mistakes, may have stopped you loosing, rather than have cost you victory. It's something, no one could ever know,(except a dimension jumping Arnold Rimmer.)
I can say the same, if my Sorceress didnt blow herself up in 2 games on very early stage of game i could have won tournament hahaha. This game very often depend not only on Your tactical skills but on lucky dice as well.
If Justin didnt avoid moving through the wood he could have catch me on turn 3 with his Warriors and it would have been at least 9:1 for him and so on and so on.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
(24-04-2013, 12:03 AM)Cookie101 Wrote: either way lots of fun, next time i will run my orcs and goblins to make things easier on you lot

Orcs on 500 are a lot more deadly that HE mate, so i dont know what You are talking about Smile
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0

edit: Gareth is very correct ignore this post

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
(24-04-2013, 08:28 AM)Cookie101 Wrote:

stop the bloody presses!

i realised last night that i didn't include Steve's banner and BSB into my victory points in my first game, that gives me another 125 victory points and means i went 9-1 vs Steve, meaning i beat Gareth by 1 tournament point!

i realised this last night when i thought to my self, if Dave had taken 1 less banner, i would have lost, then i realised i had not counted Steve's banners into my victory points.

so sorry Gareth i beat you by a tournament point and 144 victory points!

now my victory feels justified.

cookie101

No you entered an incorrect score, so you beat me by 19vp

I could scrub your result seeing as its incorrect. The idea you sign for something is that you are both happy. If I enforced things, then I was the only person with points from all 3 games, so I win comfortably. Your inability to play the game, is not something that can be rectified, at this date. At the moment, your are coming across as a very bitter winner, having made two posts about how you should win by more.

edit -
Round two and three draws were based on your incorrect calculations. So take your extra points, we'll scrub round two and three from the event, wasting everyones time, you can have a 9-1 win and an extra 125vp, I still have a 9-1 win and more vp and more soft scores. Your call.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
When are you planning for the 3rd one to take place Gaz?

I have my mantic Undead sat around doing nothing so may try and get some practise games in and take part in the 3rd one.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(24-04-2013, 08:44 AM)Gareth Wrote: No you entered an incorrect score, so you beat me by 19vp

fair point, i did forget them, that's my fault. and i shouldn't ague with tournament organiser..

*puts sadistic winning streak back into its lead lined box in underground complex.

i just feel bad that that difference was 19vp, i see 2 ways to resolve this issue:

me and Gareth have another 500pts game with same lists (which i honestly think Gareth will win)

or

run a non noncompetitive list next time/don't enter next time.

i feel even worse in that i wasn't trying to win, but that doesn't mean that i was going to play to purposefully lose.

Any idea when the next one of these is Gaz?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven