Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 19th March 2013
(07-03-2013, 11:22 AM)Stuart Wrote: SAGA, Warmachine or Necromunda for me. Would also be up for going through a Song of Blades and Heroes (very simple fantasy skirmish rules) if that's of any interest to anyone.

Stu could you give me a tutorial/basic warmachine game i have my khador
(14-03-2013, 06:41 PM)ross Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:22 AM)Stuart Wrote: SAGA, Warmachine or Necromunda for me. Would also be up for going through a Song of Blades and Heroes (very simple fantasy skirmish rules) if that's of any interest to anyone.

Stu could you give me a tutorial/basic warmachine game i have my khador

I've arranged to play Dreadball with Justin and Big Rob this week Ross, but if they're happy to carry on without me then I'm sure I could help you out with a Warmachine demo.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
If someone could give me my first Necromunda campaign game that would be a big help?
(14-03-2013, 10:40 PM)machineuk Wrote: If someone could give me my first Necromunda campaign game that would be a big help?

I can give you a game with my second gang the war zone brawlers, works out well for me too as i'm on a work trail this week and wont have the time to pack a 40k army
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(15-03-2013, 12:41 AM)Cookie101 Wrote:
(14-03-2013, 10:40 PM)machineuk Wrote: If someone could give me my first Necromunda campaign game that would be a big help?

I can give you a game with my second gang the war zone brawlers, works out well for me too as i'm on a work trail this week and wont have the time to pack a 40k army

Sounds good to me.
Up for anything fow, althought mainly looking for a tourney game.
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

Had a look at the War Machine factions and I am entirely none the wiser! I did see mention of pirates quite a bit - is that hordes or not? I have a load of pirates so would any of those be any use, or am I deluding myself?
(18-03-2013, 03:14 PM)The Count Wrote: Had a look at the War Machine factions and I am entirely none the wiser! I did see mention of pirates quite a bit - is that hordes or not? I have a load of pirates so would any of those be any use, or am I deluding myself?

Simon and Justin will probably explain this better, but loosely...

Pirates (the Talion Charter) are a "contract" within the Mercenaries faction for Warmachine, hopefully explained better than I could manage here: http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/mkiiMercenaries

It's tempting to call them a theme, but that conflicts with "theme-lists" and would just create confusion. So forget I mentioned it.

There's a useful article on the PP site that relates to building a Mercenary force: http://privateerpress.com/files/MercContracts-1_0.pdf

Current Warmachine factions are Cygnar, Khador, Menoth, Cryx, Retribution (of Scyrah) and Mercenaries, all of which can also be played against any of the Hordes factions (Trollbloods, Circle Orboros, Skorne, Legion of Everblight) if you're a sucker for punishment.

Proxying is always an option, but characterisation is very strong in the game so you'd probably want to bulk out your force from the excellent (I'm not on commission) range from PP.

Hopefully that is of some help (and mostly accurate).
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
^ What Stuart said basically. The Pirates are a small faction within a faction and are sadly a bit under represented at present.

I'll bring along a handful of starter battlegroups just so we can play and you can get the rules down, then you could look at which faction to play should you decide you enjoy the game Smile
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
OK. There was one religious fanatic group with knights and the like - They probably fit the bill in that case.