Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40K - An education
You need to be able to take down AV13 while taking care of wraiths / scarabs whose sole objective is to close for close combat. This means you need melta and something to fend the wraiths / scarabs with. The problem with this is it brings the necron army into 24" range which is where it really starts to grind you down. They don't care if you are using termies or marines, they will give you your saving throws and just rely on weight of dice to fail them which means they don't really care who they face in terms of opponents. The style is the same versus most opponents, force you to fight the wraiths / scarabs while bringing the rest of the army into 24" range and just sinking you under a weight of shooting. Obviously you also need to be able to cope with the possibility of a flyer wing but they are only AV11 so any of your normal flyer defences will cope with those...
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
The stongest thing about Necrons is the troop carrying flyer that can move 36" deploy 6" with no problems of scatter etc. and possibly run if required if not rapid fire to score or contest an objective turn 5/6 with a small warrior squad. Bring AA firepower that works.

Nastiest Flyer is the IG vendetta. That thing fills troop transport AI and AT rolls with TL 3 lascannons and heavy bolters.
What's the AV of the Necron flyers? I know the vendettas pretty tough with 12 12 10
All necron flyers are AV11, as I say if you bring anti-flyer they are no worse than anyone elses...

"Cake for the cake god!"
Ahh that's good news Smile I had it in my head they had that shield thing that made them AV13 until penetrated! One less worry lol
AV11 i reckon the Contemptor can deal with av12 is more of a challenge unless i switch out the kheres and take the two twinlinked lascannons.

in a perfect world i'd take two contemptors but at 435 points thats a lot...
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yep, your contemptor will cope with AV11, the problem will be if you have to deal with 3 of them in a single turn...

"Cake for the cake god!"
That would be a problem with whatever my Anti Air is.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Agree totally...

"Cake for the cake god!"
I'll keep reading the codex's then and not worry about it too much. worst comes to the worst i'll just open fire with everything if flyers are too much and hope for 6's

not really faced flyers much so far. Rob had one in a game i played against him but it didn't come on till turn 4 (i think).
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss