Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham 2013
So as far as I'm aware there's quite a few of us going to this n it seems like it it'll be a lot of fun! I figured I'd start a threat for us to post our potential lists and tactics up as well as any recommendations/constructive criticism about each others army. Also I was hoping guys that have been to the previous event could let the rest if us know what to expect! Smile

Attending so far

Nick '88'
Ben 'Simian'
Big Rob 'gonecrons'
Matt 'the count'
Rob 'embolden'
My 'blueprint' list is

HQ

Hive tyrant 170
Lash whip and bone sword free
TL devourers with brainleech worms 15
Hive commander 25
Old adversary 25
Wings 60

Tyranid prime 80
Death spitter 5

Troops

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
Toxin sacs 10
Crushing claws 25

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
Toxin sacs 10
Crushing claws 25

Termagants (10) 50
Devourers (10) 50

Termagants (10) 50

Warriors (4) 120
Boneswords (4) 40
Venom cannon (1) 15

Transport

Mycetic spore 40

Elites

The Doom of Malan'tai 90

Ymgarl genestealers (10) 230

Heavy support

Tyranofex 250
Rupture cannon 15
Desiccator larvae free

Any thoughts?
I'd love to comment on your list but i honestly have no idea on anything tyranid related, sorry

Good idea though. this is my current trial list

Belial 190
Libby in Terminator armour with Lions Roar 115

5 DW terminators 1 AC 1 TH/SS 245
5 DW terminators 1 Cyclone 1 TH/SS 250
7man Tac squad with Vet sarg and Plasma cannon 113

(I may switch out the vet sergeant and plasma cannon for a missile with flakk on one squad)

6 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher. 252

Contemptor Dreadnought with kheres assault cannons and cyclone 215

any thoughts?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(18-01-2013, 05:08 PM)Simian Wrote: I'd love to comment on your list but i honestly have no idea on anything tyranid related, sorry

Good idea though. this is my current trial list

Belial 190
Libby in Terminator armour with Lions Roar 115

5 DW terminators 1 Cyclone 1 TH/SS 250

(I may switch out the vet sergeant and plasma cannon for a missile with flakk on one squad)

6 man Black knights squad - 1 grenade launcher. 252

Contemptor Dreadnought with kheres assault cannons and cyclone 215

any thoughts?

Looks good to me mate! Although your list seems similar to mine in the fact it might struggle with flyers! Especially those pesky Necron av13 ones.

Any ideas?
i thought Necron flyers were AV12? if they're AV13 thats scary.

My anti air is the Contemptor Dreadnought, has skyfire and interceptor and the kheres is BS5, 12 shots S6 Rending (so any 6's are auto pens on AV12) it also has the cyclone s8 two shots.

flyers are always a worry though

also cant your hive tyrant vector strike them?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Ohh right, didn't realise the Contemptors had skyfire etc that's awesome! They may be AV12? Happy days if so!
(18-01-2013, 07:43 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Ohh right, didn't realise the Contemptors had skyfire etc that's awesome! They may be AV12? Happy days if so!

Yeah contemptor if it doesn't move can fire skyfire with interceptor in that turn. range on the Kheres is only 24inches though.... still the cyclone is 48.

Other option with it for 5 points more is two twinlinked lascannons, thats a nice bit of anti flyer.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
(18-01-2013, 07:45 PM)Simian Wrote:
(18-01-2013, 07:43 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Ohh right, didn't realise the Contemptors had skyfire etc that's awesome! They may be AV12? Happy days if so!

Yeah contemptor if it doesn't move can fire skyfire with interceptor in that turn. range on the Kheres is only 24inches though.... still the cyclone is 48.

Other option with it for 5 points more is two twinlinked lascannons, thats a nice bit of anti flyer.

5 points? That's amazing Confused all I really have is my Hive Tyrants weapons that obviously fire at normal BS if its in the air. Other than that I'm hoping for 6's! Although I have emailed Harry Allen to get his verdict on bugs using quad guns lol

Fingers crossed Big Grin
After my game with Matt last night I have made a huge change for my potential list which is.....

HQ

Hive Tyrant 170
2 TL brainleech devourers 30
Wings 60
Old adversary 25
Hive commander 25

Tyranid prime 80
Deathspitter 5

TROOPS

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
Toxin sacs 10
Crushing claws 25

Tervigon 160
Catalyst 15
Toxin sacs 10

Termagants x 12 60
Devourers x 12 60

Termagants x 10 50

ELITES

Doom of Malan'tai 90
Spore 40

Venomthrope 55

FAST ATTACK

Harpy 160
TL heavy venom cannon 10

Harpy 160
TL heavy venom cannon 10

HEAVY SUPPORT

Tyranofex 250
Rupture cannon 15

Total 1750

Any thoughts?

Due to my current lack of work (for the next 2 weeks) is there anyone available outside the club for some practise games? I'm happy to travel and I will provide pizza :p
no more genestealers? how come?
and no more warriors?
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss