Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWS500 - Feedback
If the wind of magic was limited to 2d3 nobody who has got some WFB experience would take a mage for 100 or 125 points. Simple as that. Hero with 1+ As and Dragonhelm for silly 10 points can survive any Fireball.
Just change 3 ranked unit limitation and cancel one special/one rare out. These are my ideas.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
i think a doubles tounry with only 1 mage per side (not per person) would be fun i think
(16-01-2013, 07:55 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: i think a doubles tounry with only 1 mage per side (not per person) would be fun i think
Not enough time mate.
Just wanted to say thanks gaz, really it. Thought the scenarios were good, had no magic so first one didnt affect my army, and in the second , when shooting was harder, Paul wiped out my archers early doors. Did suffer quite a lot in the 3rd game ,ended up just offering my Knights up as Archery targets!! I did suffer casualties from the fireballs, but due to my high 2+ save and ward saves even managed to win a game despite them. Due to such a wide collection of armies, gonna be difficult to get restrictions that affects all.Next time i just got to pay more attention to the points I can use for magic standards !! Looking forward to next time
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
bring the lucky one to win it i can understand why some people are saying fireball is op at such small games, as it certainly helped me out in all 3 games, wiping out units or bringing them down so i could finish them off with shooting.

and seeing as how I threw that list together at the beginning of the night, I did pretty well considering.

another thing was who I played, the skaven Gareth, who was rusty and didn't have enough rats in my opinion, then the dwarfs under Simon who where too small in unit numbers, and then Steve with his Brettonians, who once I had removed the 20 archers, I led his knights on a merry dance with my 5 shadow warriors while my archers and Mage blasted away. i believe over the course of the night my fireball spell killed about 60 guys, and only miscast twice the first time kill 1 of my own archers, the other time turn off my Mage by removing his magic level (different games).

speaking of shadow warriors scouting skirmishers are very powerful at this game size as well, as there isn't much that can stop them my 80pts unit of shadow warriors blocked marches, killed the dwarf cannon, led Knights in a dance and killed about 200pts worth of models over the course of the games.

in the end i just got very lucky, but i'll admit fireball helped a lot.
and to think i almost went with lore of shadow, that would have been a different evening if I had taken shadow instead.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Have I ever mentioned, I really hate High Elves !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
I hate all other armies Smile thats even better.