Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nicks hobby log 2013
Well guys, it looks like 2013 is the year I'm gonna sort my life out (my 40k life that is) with a brand new army, my 1st proper tournament and a boatload of leaks in my game to be plugged. I've had a few games with my new shiny nids so far n they're so much fun and after deciding on the majority of my list I took the plunge and bought the backbone of it.

By the 22nd of Febuary I need to complete

2 Tervigons
50 termagants
10 genestealers of the ymgarl variety
The DOOM!............ of Malan'tai
2 spore pods
3 hive guard
1 tyranofex
And last but not least a nice big shiny winged hive tyrant

I will post some pics later today if I get chance to give you an idea of the SEA of gaunts that need painting along with dans dark eldar army which I agreed to paint as well. This could be.......... Fun?
(11-01-2013, 03:03 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: By the 22nd of Febuary I need to complete

good luck, im guessing you're going to battlefield Brum? when i need to paint before then entirely depends on what my DA army looks like after i get the new codex.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
So yeah I've made a decent start despite being distracted the the hobbit models I got for Christmas Smile

[Image: image_zps2aa3d66e.jpg]

[Image: image_zps26130094.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsb13f61a3.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsadefbb44.jpg]

[Image: image_zps672d8612.jpg]

Good times Big Grin
(11-01-2013, 03:18 PM)Simian Wrote:

good luck, im guessing you're going to battlefield Brum? when i need to paint before then entirely depends on what my DA army looks like after i get the new codex.

Yup Smile really looking forward to it actually. Got soooooooooooooo much to do tho! My sprat gun literally just broke on me so base coating the remaining 38 gaunts red looks like a task for my paintbrush.
(11-01-2013, 03:20 PM)Nick1988 Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 03:18 PM)Simian Wrote:

Yup Smile really looking forward to it actually. Got soooooooooooooo much to do tho! My sprat gun literally just broke on me so base coating the remaining 38 gaunts red looks like a task for my paintbrush.

And by sprat gun I obviously mean spray gun :p
You usisng an airbrush?
(11-01-2013, 03:32 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: You usisng an airbrush?

I use the GW for base coating if its not the usual black n I have a 2mm one with a compressor for other stuff e.g.

[Image: image_zps4013b3cb.jpg]

Airbrushing washes and glazes seems to work well to blend dry brushing to the base colours. Pretty much all I use it for unless painting a vehicle comes up.
Looking very nice!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-01-2013, 03:41 PM)manrogue Wrote: Looking very nice!

Thanks man Smile long way to go yet though!!
Looking really good, love those termagants
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss