Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chris's hobby thread
Thanks guys!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Basecoating of Ashigaru and Medic done, will post pic after washing tonight. Still got to do the 3 shinobi assassins, the officer and the leader guy, so won't be finished by Tuesday unfortunately.

got sidetracked by assembling some Necron Tomb blades and a Ravenwing Dark Talon. I am not a completer-finisher, keep getting distracted by the next thing!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Last week or two I have:

Finished assembling the Dark Talon
Completed Ravenwing squad 1 consisting of attack bike, and 3 bikes - I had to just add some shoulder icons - pics will follow when I manage to take some good ones.
Painted three marines to completion - 3rd company Dark angels, 1 special weapon, 2 normal bolter guys.

currently:
painting a devastator squad
painting another 5 tactical marines including a robed vet sergeant
painting up about a dozen terminator arms - storm bolters and powerfists/swords - shooty deathwing is back!
magnetising said arms and some more of the terminators.

So been fairly busy and maintained my hobby butterfly status Smile
Quote:shooty deathwing is back!

and it is good.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Here's my first Flames of War full unit painted - Soviet 122mm howitzers, just done basic colours plus a wash with devlan mud - not going to bother highlighting since a. the models are pretty small and b. they look fine when playing with like this, and c. want to paint them up quicker than I normally do things. this lot only took me a few hours. Next up for FoW is the first Strelkovy Rifle/MG Platoon.

Very nice. Seems to be a theme with you and Jim doing snow FoW.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
And in an alternate dimension - work on the Dark Angels showing WIP of a vet serge and a load of terminator stormbolter/powerfist arms to be painted:

(28-02-2013, 07:55 PM)Gareth Wrote: Very nice. Seems to be a theme with you and Jim doing snow FoW.

Thanks, must be something to do with the Eastern Front!
nice work Chris! man i need to get some painting done!
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Looking really good, i really like the clean bone colour of your deathwing.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss