Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citadel Finecast
This was apparently originally posted on the Gifts for Geeks website, but the oriinal link seems dead now.

Quote:Starting from the 28th of May 120 products that were Games Workshop direct only items will be coming back on the shelves as resin or resin Hybrids. This new range “Citadel Fine Cast” range will be limited in number for the first few months, so we will be taking advance orders for them.

Source: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/sh...hp?t=15272
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Massive price hike, from something they planned on doing to reduce costs to the business. Can't see me sticking with GW much longer at this rate.
Official announcement from Games Workshop is here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conten...=16400050a
More from GW ahead of the launch of Finecast this Saturday: Citadel Finecast – What you need to know…
I think the GW mantra is "Get to the shops early on Saturday".

I'm really looking forward to the release of all these new figures because hopefully it's going to mean bumper bargain time on eBay 8¬). Even though all my cash is going on FoW, I might be able to spare some for the odd eBay LOTR figure.

Just as an aside, it's GW Stratfords birthday on Saturday as well.
I've just read the email on this, admittedly very pretty, but another price rise?
just bought a tyranid zoanthrope fine cast model from there new line of resin models and im not that impressed overall though the detail is incredible and easier to fit together than the metal plus its lighter. i have found however on this model the moulding line where to two parts join are noticebly off center and having to trim alot off to even it out and the risk of a breakage on a section of the miniature looks very likely where as this wasnt a problem with the metal version
I think the true effect on GW minature quality will be seen in two weeks time with the release of the first new minatures in the range. Currently each model is just going to be a Fine Cast resin version of something that was designed to be made in a white metal pewter, the quality will be lower than can be attained in resin, and the moulds will have been redesigned from their previous metal incarnations. Once the new Tomb KIngs releases appear on the shelves (seeing as next weeks Dark Eldar wave is plastic sets,) and from then on a higher detail minature should appear. How the quality of resin casting stands though, is interesting, and I have already seen internet reports of miscasts, and a high bubble count. That doesn't bode well for the future, but time will tell.
ye i read the june white dwarf mag which has aload of new figures in all in plastic.

wow