Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Stuart's Log of Hobby
I've had to do the same, everything is shelved for a while as we're trying to sell the flat and move.

turns out a mound of paint, brushes, undercoated models etc doesn't help sell a flat...

im now "allowed" to take out 5 models and the paints i need to work on them on the proviso that i put them away immediately afterwards to keep everything tidy....we need to move so i can get my own hobby area and not just the table in the lounge.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(20-09-2013, 11:01 AM)Simian Wrote: im now "allowed" to take out 5 models and the paints i need to work on them on the proviso that i put them away immediately afterwards to keep everything tidy....

I'm going to dig out one of our paint-stations and get it organised so I can carry it downstairs to work on a few things, and then put it away again afterwards.

A house came up for sale in our road, very similar to ours but with an external double garage - that would've made a great dedicated hobby/gaming room Idea
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Dug out the paint-station for the first time in eons and slapped some colour then quickshade on 4 SAGA hearthguard. Not my finest work but good to pick up the brushes again.
Quite fancy picking up some of the Victorian Guard from Victoria Miniatures. No real use for them, just a nice painting project. Although they might be a good fit (scale permitting) as a supplement for a Britannia force for Dystopian Legions.

Some lovely stuff on that site, lots of good conversion bits.
(24-10-2013, 10:51 PM)Stuart Wrote: No real use for them, just a nice painting project.

LOL... Tongue
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Think I'm going to give up on the painting for this year. Really need to clear a dedicated space in the study so I'll expend the effort on that instead and take up the brushes again in the new year.
First mission for the New Year is to get the Red Devils painted up for Bolt Action. Made a start on clearing out the study for some dedicated hobby space but that's going to take a while to sort out. In the meantime it'll have to be a paintstation on the dining table.
Right, better make a start on this little lot if I'm going to have anything painted by Tuesday...

Mine look similar I need to get a move on for the 14th otherwise I might bring dishonour to the emperor
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Little bit of progress on the Red Devils in between various DIY duties, but not as much as I'd hoped.

Prepped and attached to bases...

Bases filled...

Allowing for removal of casualties on weapon units (might use magnets)...

Sand applied to bases and primed...

All ready to begin painting so hopefully there will be a splash of colour on some of them before Tuesday.