Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Stuart's Log of Hobby
(05-01-2013, 11:52 PM)Stuart Wrote: Kili and Balin done, and nearly finished Thorin.

Flying through these now!

Kili and Balin...

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
they look great! Stu I really like the red cape/cloak

Cheers, really pleased with the red cape - white primer, waterer-down Mechrite Red, then Strong tone Quickshade.
Stu,

I have got to get into this dipping system. Seems to me you are turning out painted figures like a machine and they all look the business to me.

Good work mate.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Looks awesome mate Smile
(11-01-2013, 09:22 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Good work mate.
(11-01-2013, 11:50 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Looks awesome mate Smile

Thanks chaps, much appreciated.

Paul - I just followed the advice from Andy T, and after a couple of test subjects I think I've nailed a technique that I'm happy with.

Not only is it quick, but for me it produces better results than my attempts with more traditional methods Smile
Hoping to pick up a brush between fits of coughing today, and get a splash of colour on my Dystopian Legions in time for the game with Chris on Tuesday.
Completed (barring Dullcote) one of the FSA trackers tonight, and almost finished basecoating 11 other models - just a few details left to do before they're ready for quickshading.
Finished the detail off the 11 FSA models and quickshaded them along with the tracker. Will give them a dullcote tomorrow before RedWarSoc.

Just 4 FSA models left - would've been nice to get them all done in time for the game with Chris tomorrow, but at least the majority will be painted.