Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Tournament coming January
ok, list ready and drawn up!! Looks like might bigger armies really, just smaller !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Hi Folks,

WRT Magic - It is interesting to note that in Andy's tournament experience they have had NO magic. I did a very quick internet search of 500 point tournaments, four tourneys found and none had any restrictions on magic, just no lords and some other fluff. So folk do play with unrestricted magic.

Personally I say if there is no magic in fantasy then go and play Ancients...

I have done the maths on STR4 Fire Balls compared for example to a same point cost unit of STR 4 crossbowmen. I have simplified this for sake of argument so this is not exact, but basically in an average round a 3d6 FB will be successfully cast about 50% of the time and will KILL 6 rank and file, that's 6 dead every-other turn. Compared to 3 KILLS from xbowmen EVERY TURN. Basically that is same total outcome (roughly) every 2 TURNS. Either way that's 10% of your average army killed every 2 rounds.

Empire / Dark Elves - 40-ish xbows (50%-ish of total army points) kills a whole unit of 10 Swordmasters (25%-ish of HE total points) every turn.

There are many ways to play this game.

I say just play the rules as they are in the book, but without lords, and after tournament we discuss the outcome, if fireballs rule the outcome then consider limiting for the next one in April...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Interesting, if this was a vote I'd say allow magic then and see how it goes. Got to decide between full on firepower High elf army or all mounted force - could be fun!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
got a question - do Chariots count as a unit towards the 3 minimum?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Do DE harpies count?
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
(07-12-2012, 12:57 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: got a question - do Chariots count as a unit towards the 3 minimum?

No.

The army must include a minimum of THREE units (this excludes single items such as your Hero, a War Machine etc.)

(07-12-2012, 06:27 PM)-=IP=- Wrote: Do DE harpies count?

Harpies will not count towards the minimum of 125 points in core (as per the army book,) but do count towards your minimum of 3 units.

Think of a unit as anything that can have a rank bonus / form ranks.
---------------------------------------------------------
I will put together a full rules pack around Xmas. Busy with work and my own preparations at the moment, but if folks have the odd question just holla.

Also going to ask for actual sign ups the date the rules pack goes live.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
and allow Alan 2 units of Sword Mastets to screw you over.
[/quote]

does that mean i can hav 2 units now as per my speical rules???? Big Grin
tbf their not particulary powerfull at 15pt and only heavy armour to protect them .....
i'm playing this i'll play as Empire
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Quote:does that mean i can hav 2 units now as per my speical rules???? Big Grin
tbf their not particulary powerfull at 15pt and only heavy armour to protect them .....

SM would never see any combat with my army for that points.
You are going for cavalry heavy army (SH and DP) or all shooting army (archers, RBT and magic). Other options cant guarantee any success in my opinion. You can try big block of PG or WL but every smart enemy who can estimate result of combat before rolling dice will avoid them. Anyway thats my point of view. All depends on scenarios of course all i have written apply to standard pitched battle.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
Been thinking of some variant rules to alter Battleline, and also give people some tactical and army selection choices. What do people think to the following three ideas.

During round one a torrential down pour, makes it particularly difficult to shoot weapons with any accuracy. Any ranged weapon wishing to make a shot at a target at long range, suffers an additional -1 penalty, on top of the standard -1 penalty. Cannons shooting a target over 12” away will be required to double a result of 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 on its first artillery dice result, to either 4, 8, 12, 16 or 20. Stone throwers (and variants that fire like stone throwers,) shooting a target over 12” away will scatter double a result of 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 if the scatter dice does not score a hit. If it does score a hit, it will scatter in the direction of the small arrow, a distance equal to half the result on the artillery dice. Fire throwers and variants (including Lizardmen Salamanders,) cannot fire at targets over 16 inches away, as any further the flames are put out.

During round two, the downpour has receded but the battlefield is now sodden underfoot. All units wishing to march roll a D3 at the start of their move. This number is deducted from the maximum distance a unit can march. For example M5 Elves marching roll a D3 result of 2. Their maximum move is reduced from 10 by 2, to a total of 8. Any time a unit rolls 2D6 for movement (random, charge, flee, pursuit etc.) instead roll 3D6 and discard the highest result, due to difficulties underfoot. If a unit rolls 3D6 or more (such as a Swiftstriding unit charging,) roll one D6 more than normal, discarding the highest, and then following the standard procedure (Swiftstide for example, would roll 4D6 to charge, discard the highest, and then discard the lowest.)

During round three, the battlefield has dried out. However there is a strange feeling in the air, and the Winds of Magic are less stable than normal. Any Wizard that rolls two or more 1’s when casting a spell, will generate a miscast. A Wizard can only suffer one miscast per spell, and note that a result with double 1 and double 6, will still see the spell cast with irisitable force, before the miscast is resolved, as per normal. It also appears that there is an issue with items of a magical nature in general. Any such magic, or runic item is shorting out, and becomes a mundane item of the same type, if such a mundane item exists. If not the item becomes worthless, and cannot be used for the duration of the game.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen