Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Tournament coming January
I like it, will help people try for a balanced force and hopefully make things more fun
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
My Armour will rust !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Gareth: you have already weakened magic, now You want to make Shooting almost useless. First turn of shooting is always most important especially against fast armies. Personally i dont like that idea Sad I would leave all rules as they are to make games simple and easy. I would set up to 4 pieces of terrain on each table. Some armies like HE or Empire have got heavy cavalry as core option. I havent got that choice, my best core unit for such limited points are crossbowman. Schooting multiple shots, on long range with additional -1 means i hit on 6 insted of 5. Useless weapon.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
Andy two points.

1 - You wanted Magic sorted. I'll leave it as is, if thats your complaint. Its far easier to manage that way.

2 - For one round of the tournament, you cannot shoot. No one can shoot, and Combat troops and mages will have more influence. In one round of the tournament, combat troops will struggle to move across the field, leaving them to get shot to pieces, and blasted with magic. In one round of the tournament, magic will have less impact, meaning your core missiles and and combat prowess will succeed.
I threw these ideas up, to stop people creating a gunline/fast combat/magic heavy list as for 1/3 of the event, such a list will be useless. The fact that you are complaining that your gunline will be ruined is proof enough that the goal will be achieved.

Pack will go up tonight or tomorrow. If you don't want to play, don't. If you do want to play, but feel DE will be unusable, let me take them and you can have my list.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
What about all amies made from heavy cavalry as core choices? Examples High elfs and Empire. Thats pretty much fair enough Smile I dont think so bro Smile never mind i just need to change my concept and roster. I will find something out. No worries.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
High Elves can't take heavy cvalry as core, only archers, spearmen or lothern sea guard.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari