Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hobbit boxed set?
Managed to get a bit of free time at work finally and found this little nugget while rumour scouring-

So, here is what I heard on The Hobbit release in december. Take with salt, allthough my source was pretty confident, and he should know.

Release of The Hobbit game is scheduled for december 1st, with preorders starting November 24th. New WD should hold all the information, so I'd expect pictures around the 20th.

The LotR tabletop game will be renamed "The Hobbit". War of the Rings stays the same (for now). This is to emphasize on the difference inbetween the two systems. I've heard rumours of a "Battle of the five armies" supplement for War of the Ring, but I would not expect this anytime sooner then the 3rd movie. Probably more an educated guess then a rumour.

The one product for the Hobbit in december (as far as I know we really only get one) is a boxed game in the lines of Dark Vengence and Island of Blood. It contains more miniatures then Dark Vengance. No definite info on the contents, but 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard should be a safe bet. No words on the opponents. I'm guessing goblins and wargs, with something big the dwarves can steamroll.

The box is supposed to contain scenery.

The box also comes with a brand new rule book. It's a complete new set of rules, though they are probably based on the current rules. Though I am very excited about this, hold your horses. It's still just rumours.

For the time being, the only way to obtain the book ist the boxed set. No hardcover, allthough I'd expect that to change in the future.

Now the downside is the price is located somewhere around 100€. That would roughly put it in the same category as the current Space Marine battalion (check your regional website for price comparison)

There were hints on a limited edition of the boxed set. Worked pretty well for Dark Vengance.

Enjoy, and take it with salt, as always.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Looking forward to see what December brings in this respect.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Build up starting over at GW: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/bl...id=5700048
White Dwarf out tomorrow: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/bl...id=6000002

The new stuff: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...e=athletic
£50 just for the book....ouch, think I will wait and hope the rice comes down. Have got lots of goblins and dwarves, trolls and wizards (and hobbits) already that I could use for this, so if anyone else is going to get the rules I could provide miniatures!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Took the plunge and ordered Escape from Goblin Town while it's in the limited edition incarnation. Might pick up the full rulebook later if there's anything major missing from the mini one (such as the Points Match system). Hopefully the mini rulebook isn't specific to the contents of the box and is (as for the equivalent 40K and WFB starter sets) just a condensed version of the full rulebook without all the fluff.
Escape from Goblin Town arrived today from TW. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to get my paws on it until Christmas Sad