Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question
if spearmen fight an extra rank does that mean normal spear men now fight in 3 ranks (frist rank seconed surport attacts thrid ranks spears?)

which would also mean that my elves fight in 4 ranks? (frist rank seconed rank support attacks thrid rank spears fourth rank martial displince)
cheers
Yep, and if your elves are 10 wide they count as a horde so can fight in 5 ranks! (although that would be a lot of elves in one unit).
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Was looking through the FAQ for the rule book tonight. Came across this on page 5 of the rule book FAQ, that would have been of use last night.

Q: If a model is granted a re-roll To Hit from a special rule such as Hatred but the model they are attacking has a special rule, magic item etc. that forces successful To Hit rolls to be re-rolled, how is this dealt with? (p7)
A: They cancel each other out and no re-rolls are made for as long as both special rules are in effect.

So Speed of Asuryan and Armour of Damnation cancel each other. Simples, not that the effect of rolling the dice, and then re-rolling everything was anything other than a cause to waste a few seconds.

Also looking at Pursuit and Overrun there are some subtle differences. If a unit pursues, and catches their foes, they get a free reform at the end of their move. On an overrun, the move is straight forward, and you cannot reform at the end of the move.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
then if they cancel each orther out but i then use an item that let me rerolls would i need overcome the armour (2 reroll bonuses vs 1 debuff?)
You wouldn't need to overcome the armour a second time as it was already cancelled by your speed of asuryan, but is it worth using your one shot item?
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus