Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney Acquires Lucasfilm
The title says it all really. Check out the links for the full details, I won't go in to much detail here.

Official Disney Press Release

BBC News Coverage

Oh except for one small, minor, tiny little detail...

Star Wars EPISODE 7 aimed for 2015 release!

You have my attention Disney, please, elaborate more!
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
wtf.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................mouth closes and now walks away
Oh dear ... there goes the neighbourhood!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
*flips table with the force *
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
hahaha lols
(31-10-2012, 12:40 PM)Sincilbanks Wrote: "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Epic response!

I must say, I am not too worried yet. Look at what Disneynhas achieved in the last few years with Marvel, the growth that franchise has seen in the film industry, and their continued success with Pixar creations and even their forays in to gaming haven't been atrocious. Ok, Epic Mickey was good but you get the point.

This could work. A new start for the SW franchise with influences from outside Mr Lucas' domain.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(31-10-2012, 12:21 AM)Etched Oracle Wrote:
Star Wars EPISODE 7 aimed for 2015 release!

Discussion at work with a colleague was based upon this. He was optimistic. Saying the less Lucas involvement the better. I was pessimistic for other reasons.

Mainly episodes 1-3 were fairly week, because they were aimed at the children, of the people who grew up with 4-6. They were soft stories set in the SW IP, with an underlying tale for those that knew where they were heading. In 2015, these are going to be films aimed at the grand-children of the original audience, but this time with all the fuzziness Disney brings.

That being said though I will still go toe to toe with anyone who really slates E1, as the hidden story in that, is quite cleverly concealed to those that do not know 4-6.

Time will tell, but at least you should avoid Lucas and his "watch me overuse my new tech," sections.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Doubt they will but any of the star wars novels are ripe for adapting to the big screen. Make me a film of any of Timothy Zahns books and i will be happy. It won't happen but i can dream right? Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm a massive SW fan, but i still believe that the best thing to come out of the franchise was KotoR ^_^