Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Club Scenery
(23-10-2012, 03:00 PM)Doc T Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 08:18 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: In regards to the suggestions put forward so far, they all sound great, but they are also a lot of 'admin' work for the QMs and places a lot of doctrine and responsibilities on them.

For simplicity I think the best way to move forward with regards to the terrain situation is to have labelled boxes e.g. 'Woods, Hills, Fantasy Buildings, Paper Terrain etc and simply request that people return any items that are used to be returned to their appropriate box. It takes us long enough to pack away terrain right now with the general 'dumping' system, I feel regimenting the process will cause undue strain on people and time.

The above idea works. I do the terrain for Wyvern Wargamers. Putting all your trees in one box is good otherwise heavier terrain crushes them. Stacking all your hills in a box stops them getting chipped. Cardboard buildings with cardboard, heavy resin by themselves, etc.

tbh this sounds like it might be an easier option, and is easier to sort out in the short term
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
We need 15mm terrain,you can get get some for like £4 per house off Peter Pig. To be honest I would fail at making terrain so I think some attention for flames of war terrain is needed.

I know it's not as big as 40k but we don't have terrain, but they have loads!
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

(23-10-2012, 05:18 PM)40knerd99 Wrote: We need 15mm terrain,you can get get some for like £4 per house off Peter Pig. To be honest I would fail at making terrain so I think some attention for flames of war terrain is needed.

Now you bring it up, its quite apparent we don't have anything that caters to the 15mm games. I feel this should become a top priority to purchase as you guys really do deserve some terrain to play with. Shall look up 'Peter Pig', and GF9 recently brought out some nice trenches and accessories, I think, so I'll look in to those as well.

Is there anything in specific you'd need/like for the 15mm games? Do you need different sized boards at all?
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I've removed the other 15mm thread as it duplicates what's here, and it's best to have the scenery discussion in one place.

Agreed it would be nice to provision for (buy/build) some 15mm pieces.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
as soon as my painting backlog is taken care of i think ill get to work on some hills (cause their easy Tongue)

so far from what ive seen fow is better with more terrain i normally grab a few bits,then wait for everyone to get sorted an grab the last few bits to finish the table off Smile
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
(23-10-2012, 05:26 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote:
(23-10-2012, 05:18 PM)40knerd99 Wrote: We need 15mm terrain,you can get get some for like £4 per house off Peter Pig. To be honest I would fail at making terrain so I think some attention for flames of war terrain is needed.

Now you bring it up, its quite apparent we don't have anything that caters to the 15mm games. I feel this should become a top priority to purchase as you guys really do deserve some terrain to play with. Shall look up 'Peter Pig', and GF9 recently brought out some nice trenches and accessories, I think, so I'll look in to those as well.

Is there anything in specific you'd need/like for the 15mm games? Do you need different sized boards at all?

http://www.sarissa-precision.co.uk/store/ww215/
or
http://www.peterpig.co.uk/scenery.htm

£4 was a bit of an fib but well , here they are. We have some 40k ruins we would gladly give as long as we get Flames of war terrain!
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

Surely 15mm terrain should be cheap and quick to create?
I have seen pieces going at car boots(plastic trenches etc) that could be quite easily converted?
If any of you FoW players get chance collar me at the club tonight and i will see how i can help, though i haven't got as much free time as i had when i did the 40k stuff so you may have to help out a bit. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Took advantage of the sale in B&Q today and purchased some more scenery boxes to facilitate the goal of a box per table.
Couple of boxes of 15mm scenery added to the club stash tonight, along with a Warhammer Fortress, Warhammer Watchtower (to be assembled), a few small houses, and a few other bits and pieces. All stuff we picked up cheap(ish) from the bring n' buy at the Gloucester MiniCon last weekend.
We also have some painted up resin roads and a painted Graveyard that i will bring this tuesday. Cool
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven