Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started with FoW WW2
I am going to replace the anti tank sections with hurricanes, and might add an infantry platoon, but here is the "essentails" of my army:Wink
British armour
command 2 churchil IVs 175
3 churchil IVs 260
3 churchil IVs 260
2 25 pdr guns 85
1 anti tank section
Well, that's it so far. I intend to edit this army list so it can be cheap and easy to paint but also powerful and cool looking!Big Grin

All together that comes at 1020, opps forgot to add the points of the anti tank section it's 140 Thanks for reading guys,all other British players should fix bayonets!Smile and the rest of you should ... Prepare to die!Angry
intending to to get 750 points of other stuff, bu I might just stick to armour as they are not as small ( I hate paint small things!)
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

Here is my final variation Smile
It is more points then I thought and I ended up creating 7 different army lists the first was 1500 then 1750 and this one is a whoppingg amount of points! (Compared with my first 1500 one)

British rifles

Command 25 pts

Rifle platoon (3 squads) 140

Machine gun platoon (4 vickers)
now that's all my infantry and is 555 points Smile

Tank platoon (Churchill VIs) 325Heart
command churchil VII 45
heavy front armour 20

Tank platoon (Churchill VIs) 325Heart
SAME AS ABOVE!

sexton battery 200
jeeps 5

BL 5.5" gun battery 240 Big Grin
tranports 5

4 m10 achilles 260

air support 220

all together that is 2135 points and most of it has been orderded (the sextons, jeeps, m10s and vickers and 3 churchills) but everything else will cost £99, that includes 2 extra churchills so I can swicth to the churchills in Italy list. Cool

Any advice will be much appreciated!!!!! Big Grin
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

if anyone would like to learn fow im quite good (mostly) with the rules now so walkthroughs aren't a problem Smile
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Is something like this enough to get started Jim: http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/british-p...e-war.html
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(14-10-2012, 04:29 PM)Stuart Wrote: Is something like this enough to get started Jim: http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/british-p...e-war.html

Yes definitely I started with a company box set like that,it will give you a very good base to build from for futher (if desired) development
I found fows army list system a bit confusing at first
If you'ed like IM quite happy to help you get a starting army list planned out
other alias-jim
So Jim for our upcoming game i'm going to bring this Late War list:

Soviet Rifle Battalion:
Battalion HQ with PTRD anti-tank rifle Platton = 70
Strelkovy Company - 2 Rifle Platoons, Maksim HMG = 265
Strelkovy Company - 1 SMG Platoon = 130
Strelkovy Mortar Company - 3 82-BM-41's = 60
Strelkovy Gun Company - 2 45mm obr 1942 guns = 45

Divisional Support
Tankovy Company - 5 T-34 obr 1942's = 275
Artillery Battalion - 4 122mm obr 1938 howitzers, observer rifle team = 155

total = 1000pts

Does this seem a reasonable list? i have tried to include a bit of everything so I've got infantry, some mortars, some guns and artillery and some tanks, so that I can try most of the different rules out. I have got more infantry (not made), snipers, 5 more T34's (not made), some scouts and a Maksim HMG platoon as well.

cheers,

Chris

40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
that looks good chris nice balanced force, you can fit alot into a 1000 points with the russians Tongue

something i Try to do when making a list is to ask myself "how will i deal with..." an if the answer is i can't i try work something in.
in my 1st proper fow game i took a german heavy tank company with 4 king tigers confident of victory against andys light recon forces, i promptly got booted off the objective an lost the game only killing 1 self propelled gun,m3 stuart an a few infantry squads.

flames of war is not about killing the enemy its about taking the objectives
other alias-jim
After playing my Demo game with Sam the other week, I am quite interested in developing a FoW Army.

Would like to arrange another Demo Game at some point with larger/balanced forces just to confirm that the game is up my street before purchasing an Army & Books.

On first look at what is on offer I am interested in building a German Force from the DEVIL'S CHARGE, is this the best era to have to play against the current FoW players in the group.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Thanks Jim, I have no idea what the diff units are capable of really, so it'll all be a learning curve.

wako13, if Devil's charge is late war, which I think it is, then to my knowledge that's what most people have, although I think some are doing mid-war as well (North Africa)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Late war seems the most popular,i think its cause all the best toys are in that era.
Ive got the devils charge book if you wanna read it i dont mind lending it you for a week or two =)
other alias-jim