Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started with FoW WW2
I have that issue but hadn't opened it !

Cheers for the heads up, I'll have a look at that.

Si
Have had delivery of the first T-34s, direct from the factories of the Motherland! Going to start assembling and painting them after current project has been completed (40K terminator squad). Next up on order is a Strelkovy Batalon.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
"Za Rodinu!"

Si
Seen as i've decided to branch into new systems, been seriously thinking about trying this out. Might have to watch a game next time one's being played to see what it's like
right I've taken the plunge an ordered a SS Panzer Grenadier Company for starters no half-tracks ordered yet I'll have to get those with the rulebooks on payday by my reckoning I'll need 17 of them to fully mechanize them lucky "Der plastic soldaten kompanie" makes them so cheaply,a pack of panzer 4's or stugs an i'll be a happy (well armed) bunny

Vorwärts!
Lovely cannon fodder for my shermans!! Well actually not won once and last time lost to an early war DAK company !!
I think all my wargaming is Michael Caine based. FOW , I have Vandeleur, My Necromunda gang are named for the Germans in The Eagle has landed, and I have the Michael Caine version of Lt Bromhead from the film Zulu!! Oh and I have Corgi models of the Minis from The Italien job !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
im sure a few Pak's,stug,panzerfaust will open up those tommy cookers no problem. Smile

right i've ordered the rule book with a box of 5 StuGs,looking at painting ss camo in Fow is a scary thing though,anybody got any tips on that? i mean i have trouble with that in 1-1 scale Tongue

well my panzergrenadier kompanie came today so i've made an army list using the Earth an steel book,feedback is absolutely encouraged as i've never played a game of flames of war nevermind made an armylist!! Tongue

2nd SS

Company Hq
2ic with panzerfaust
full antitank section all in halftracks

platoon 1
3 squads all in halftracks
command panzerfaust team mounted in a sdkfz 251/17 (2cm)

platoon 2
3 squads all in halftracks
panzerfaust smg team

SS heavy platoon
2 machine gun sections in halftracks

SS anti tank gun platoon
3 antitank gun sections 180 on foot

SS assault gun platoon
4 Stugs

that brings me to 1520 points but i have some stuff i'ed like to add being

654 schwre panzer abteillung
3 jagdpanthers

heavy SS anti aircraft platoon
2 Flak 8.8cm guns with extra crew

SS half track recon platoon
1 panzerspah patrol

fielded all togther that would come to 2540 points(!)

right so anything i might be better off taking insted or anything i might be missing(king tiger?)

cheers for reading guys Smile
Cool, I dare say they will make targets for the churchils I'm planning to get. I'm gonna sell some warhammer 40k, so I can get this game. And I will get turning tide, The allied western front book.

I'm getting British armour Wink

I'm going to have the base force of shermans, a few fireflies and as many churchils as I can get in there. I love churchils Angel.

No army list yet soon to come, when I get the proper western mid late book.
Good luck painting those SS Jim!
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

sorry can't really give advice on a list as I have yet to play a game as well, but looks fairly reasonable!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
looking to start a soviet tank army with small infantry platoons.
"It takes a brave man to be a coward in the red army"- Joseph Stalin