Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army Maker
Looks good so far.

A few things I found myself trying to do because it feels like it should be there:
On the account screen, click on a saved list to view it. Also be able to see the points value of the saved list.
In the builder, options under sub headings (unit, hero, vehicle ect). The ability to minimise individuals within a unit - so you can pick the weapon option, min it down then pick the next ect to make it easier to see a) who you've already picked options for b) the unit as a whole and c) the whole list in one go.

Other then that as long as you dont run into copyright issues (like ibodger did) then I can see this getting alot of use.

Very impressed with the smoothness of the additions to both the list and units once you've selected them.
Thanks for the feedback so far, got some things I hadn't thought of.

Another addition that is on the way that might be useful is sharing a page with the army list allowing you to post it on forums etc.

Steve
(06-09-2012, 01:00 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Shame Imperial Guard haven't made an appearance yet though Sad

Imperial Guard are the next on the list to do, I started with all the armies I play (plus Space Marines) and imperial guard is the last of my armies
Ah right, awesome! I will look forward to it.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(06-09-2012, 04:26 PM)stevetemple Wrote: Another addition that is on the way that might be useful is sharing a page with the army list allowing you to post it on forums etc.

Definitely, something along the lines of Yakromunda for Necromunda crews: http://www.yakromunda.com/gang/6112/The+Grey+Area+Gang

Probably in the pipeline, but it would be handy to have a password reset option for those with the memory of a goldfish like myself Smile

I noticed you used Silverlight for the main interface - any plans for an HTML5 version? That would allow owners of iOS and Android devices to make use of the site - the UI layout would certainly lend itself to a touch interface, and being able to access it on a mobile device would be very handy.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(06-09-2012, 08:36 PM)Stuart Wrote: Probably in the pipeline, but it would be handy to have a password reset option for those with the memory of a goldfish like myself Smile

I noticed you used Silverlight for the main interface - any plans for an HTML5 version? That would allow owners of iOS and Android devices to make use of the site - the UI layout would certainly lend itself to a touch interface, and being able to access it on a mobile device would be very handy.

Better validation on the input forms, as well as forgotten password etc will be coming soon, definitely before we're out of beta I'm concentrating on getting the editor tool feature complete and having some more army lists on there at the moment.

I actually started the list editor about 2+ years ago for personal use when Silverlight seemed like a good idea. It's been gathering dust while I concentrated on other projects (http://www.thinkwargames.com amongst others) There are plans to move it to a complete HTML/Javascript solution if it picks up some users. In the mean time a html viewer of the army for mobile and tablet may have to do, with the editing staying in Silverlight.
Yeah I'd second the HTML5 vote for cross-browser/device support. P.S. If you need any help with the website side for front end give me a shout. Smile
Magic the Gathering

Managed to freeze firefox when I tried to save my list earlier.

Also, the IG list seems to be a bit inaccureate on points value and missing options, such as Usarkar Creed etc. for company command squad?
Magic the Gathering

Looks interesting thanks for posting. Email sent Big Grin!
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus