Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GenCon trip 2013 or 2014
A week after the big event, I am now looking forward to a return. For 7 nights in the city, I paid just under £1500, so the trip was not the cheapest adventure, and that does not include the money I spent in America, or Britain before i travelled.

However last week several people expressed interest in making the journey themselves, and I have to be honest I would thoroughly recommend, attending GenCon, if you have the finances.

Now my hotel stay was at THE hotel in Indianapolis. I doubt very much that it was the cheapest option, but by going with Geek Nation Tours, Teras probably managed to get the rooms for a discount over individuals. Now knowing how GenCon works, and having a rough idea of the layout of the city, WHEN i return, I would not necessarily feel the need to travel with GNT.

SO I am looking at returning to GenCon either next August (show dates 15-18 August 2013,) or at the latest in 2014 (show dates 14-17 August 2014.) I am just wondering what interest from the rest of Redwarsoc there is. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

F.A.Q.

Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Well i know i would LOVE to go, and so would Simon. If we could get a guestimate on how much it can be done for without GNT that'd help!
I know I'd be able to gather the cold hard cash for myself, but with Simon.... I think i'd have to leash him! ^_^
(28-08-2012, 01:45 PM)Meebs Wrote: Well i know i would LOVE to go, and so would Simon. If we could get a guestimate on how much it can be done for without GNT that'd help!
I know I'd be able to gather the cold hard cash for myself, but with Simon.... I think i'd have to leash him! ^_^

Ok struggling ATM to find hotels giving quotes this far in advance (dispite it being GenCon week.) However the Conrad Hilton which is farther out from the Convention centre (about a 5 minute walk,) are quoting $279 a night (2 adults.) Over the 6 nights I stayed, Tue thru Sun that's $1674, or $837.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
it would be great sadly the cost of £1500 is just too much for me
The £1500 included my flights, which is around 50% of the cost.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Going to bump this. Geeknations have announced their 2013 trip, which appears to be costing around £1100 for a share (no flights.) On the other hand I have found a hotel that will do a Tue-Mon for approx £980, for a King bed and a Sofa bed. Means that if I can find a roommate I can get it down to under £500 for the hotel expense. If no one is interested in attending (or more likely no one can afford to attend,) then I am probably going GNT. As such if anyone does wish to attend, let me know please.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(14-11-2012, 07:00 PM)Gareth Wrote: Going to bump this. Geeknations have announced their 2013 trip, which appears to be costing around £1100 for a share (no flights.) On the other hand I have found a hotel that will do a Tue-Mon for approx £980, for a King bed and a Sofa bed. Means that if I can find a roommate I can get it down to under £500 for the hotel expense. If no one is interested in attending (or more likely no one can afford to attend,) then I am probably going GNT. As such if anyone does wish to attend, let me know please.

I'm thinking about it....and if i don't go next year, i might do the year after