Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Epic Dice Rolls Thread
Yeah, me too Rob! I suggest a cake-based ceremony.

As mentioned I was hesitant to give it epic status, but sometimes the context rather than the odds alone contributes to the significance. It was a bit more painful the previous week against John as I'd just built up some wrath and was about to pull the trigger on a move of such strategic innovation never before witnessed. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Very (very) loosely I might be looking at one of those rolls every 10-11 games (based on 6 turns per 6pt game and the somewhat optimistic premise of minimal casualties!) so hopefully I'm now not due another until after the Wyvern tournament. Just watch me roll it again next week...

EDIT: Largely academic I hope, but on a roll of all 6's the Jomsvikings still have the potential to activate Warriors (subject to my opponent not wanting to concede any Wrath points) via the "Pagan Fury" ability - confusingly named "Wrath" on the original Jomsviking battleboards prior to a reprint.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Ok Stu, I failed to take a photo of my thirteen 1s and 2s, out of 18, then the 5 hits all scoring 1 or 2. However I did get 6, 6, 6, and 6, to hit all off my Prince. Then same combat my Noble took his attacks and scored 1, 1, and 1. Unfortunately he was using his Great Weapon, so bang went my re-rolls. I'll upload photos soon.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Last game at Battlefield Birmingham vs Nick, turn1, first shots of the game:

Wraithknight 1) - 2 shots, hitting on 3's into his Riptide, 2 hits rolled, needing 2's to wound, but 6's are instant killing, I roll a 1 and a 6, but it's not all over, the Riptide has a 5+ inv save... Nick rolls a 4! Boom, 1 dead 5 wound toughness 6, 2+ save MC.

Next thing to fire,

Wraithknight 2) - 2 shots again, hitting on 3's, hits the Landraider, 2 hits, needs 4's to glance, 5's to pen, 1 5 and 1 4 rolled, again, all is not lost, the landraider has a 4+ cover save, Nick rolls a 3 against the glance and a 3 against the pen, rolling the pen needing 5's to explode it... a 5 is rolled...

In 4 shots I've taken out the toughest vehicle in 40k and one of the toughest Monsterous Creatures! Oh and about a 25% of Nicks army.

Epically lucky!

Thanks for that Rob :p

During the same game Robs beastpack inflicted 25 wounds in one turm against my death star. Tigirius with a 3+ re rollable save took them all without losing a single wound.

The following turn he inflicted 19 wounds! Tigirius took all 19 again but lost 1! Very unlucky :p
Low and behold, second game in yesterday...

SAGA (orders) dice were generally good yesterday. Just a shame about my command of them really Smile
get some new dice mate!

Terry's chuck of six 6's from last weeks Warhammer Fantasy encounter with Gaz.

Played a game last year against Tom D's Chaos I think. He brings his Heldrake on in turn 2, and I'm expecting I would end up putting a hull point or two on it. My Veteran squad manning the Quad Gun intercept the heldrake hitting 4 times, then produce 4 6's to pen it Smile

I still lost the game, but not having to deal with the Helturkey was a huge help.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Not in the same class as Terry's roll a couple of posts above, but needing 6 to hit from three shots in Bolt Action last night:

That'll do nicely.
no photo, but 10 shots, hitting on 3's and rolling seven 1's and 3 2's was pretty special too.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss