Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started with FoW WW2
Nice one!

I've just brought both of my forces up to 1750 pts, which seems to be one of the competition standards, and also have some decent objective markers on the way.

Now to order some buildings.

Might actually have some time to paint them all after January !

Si
Never enough time !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Just ordered some bits to complete the platoons I have. So then I will have HQ platoon, 2 armoured platoons, recce platoon, mortar carrier platoon and infantry platoon, think its about 1200pts or so. Thinking of some artillery next!
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
There are three of us at the Evesham* wargames club who have been playing FoW regularly for the last few years. If anyone fancies a game anytime let me know - we have tons of terrain and a huge variety of armies to play against - just got to learn the V3 rules!

Regards,

Andy T

* soon to be renamed the Wyvern wargames Club as we are actually based at Bishampton, about half way between Redditch and Worcester
(22-02-2012, 09:52 AM)Noisysteve Wrote: Just ordered some bits to complete the platoons I have. So then I will have HQ platoon, 2 armoured platoons, recce platoon, mortar carrier platoon and infantry platoon, think its about 1200pts or so. Thinking of some artillery next!

Great news Steve.

I've got 25pdr, 5.5" Medium batteries and a Hvy Mortar Platoon if you need to borrow them. Also got the Typhoons, may as well use them if we've got them.

I'm tied up for the next three weeks, but if you want a game after that we might all have our v3 rule books by then.

Si
thanks might just need them. gives me some painting time !!
Malifaux - Gremlins
After seeing the figures at Gloucester mini-con I have decided to go for DAK (German Afrika - mid 1942-3) and have acquired most of a 1500 pt Tank Division to kick off with. Waiting for my 3E rules to arrive so I can find out how to play the game! Still getting my head round the army lists and what-not.

Whilst I have bought the 'right' tanks for the initial list I have gone for I am working on principle that one can consider them as 'tank counters' and in other theatres 'a tank is a tank is a tank' just different stats on paper!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Had my 3E rules today, so got some serious reading, plus still got to get it all painted!!
Malifaux - Gremlins
(29-02-2012, 05:17 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Had my 3E rules today, so got some serious reading, plus still got to get it all painted!!

My free A5 edition arrived today too.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Now taken delivery of 2 more Fireflies and Lt Col Vandeleur. Just Typhoons needed for 1500 pts
Malifaux - Gremlins