Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 26th June 2018
(17-06-2018, 10:06 AM)Phil Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 11:08 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 07:25 PM)Phil Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 12:09 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Having seen square bases on show the other week I fancy a bit of warhammer fantasy, 8ed. I’ve no 9 age stuff at all but can easily field an army. Can I use my wood elf book for 9age or is it all incompatible.

I do like a bit of 8ed.

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I last played the hobby at 6th ed and have none of the rule books or army books for 8th edition. One of the main reasons I looked at 9th ed is because I could just download all their content for free. The models are directly transferable from any warhammer edition and you can use other models for representation. The units are designed to completely cross over, however, you do have to download their books from their website. Ive found for o&g that the names have just slightly changed but the main units are very similar to 6th ed. (e.g squigs are called gnashers etc.) When playing Chris he said that he found the rules very similar to 8th ed.

I'd be perfectly willing to play 8th ed but is it/would it be possible to have any links to download the rule book and o&g army book?

If not would it be ok to play 9th age as an alternative?

If you wanna check out the army book and compare it side by side I'll add a link:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?beta-page/

Wood Elf equivalents are called Sylvan Elves.

Cheers

Phil

Well, that all sounds fair and understandable. I’ll have a quick mooch when I get the chance. Feel free to take a game with someone else if they offer! If not, bear with me!

Thanks and like wise - I'll also have a look to see if I can get my hands on some kind of downloadable version of the army book and rules for 8th.

I’m sorry. I’m just not going to have the chance to read the rules for a new game so i’ll Have to pull out. Sorry to mess you about. Hopefully you can sort something out, join the 5ed d&d game?
(20-06-2018, 09:55 AM)will Wrote:
(19-06-2018, 03:13 PM)TobyS Wrote: Hello, would anyone be down for a potential DnD 5e one shot?

Hi toby

Yes I would be interested in a DnD one shot. Would this be with pre generated characters or would we be creating our own?

Cheers

Will
Level 1 characters that you make yourself.

Toby
(20-06-2018, 05:07 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(17-06-2018, 10:06 AM)Phil Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 11:08 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 07:25 PM)Phil Wrote:
(16-06-2018, 12:09 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Having seen square bases on show the other week I fancy a bit of warhammer fantasy, 8ed. I’ve no 9 age stuff at all but can easily field an army. Can I use my wood elf book for 9age or is it all incompatible.

I do like a bit of 8ed.

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I last played the hobby at 6th ed and have none of the rule books or army books for 8th edition. One of the main reasons I looked at 9th ed is because I could just download all their content for free. The models are directly transferable from any warhammer edition and you can use other models for representation. The units are designed to completely cross over, however, you do have to download their books from their website. Ive found for o&g that the names have just slightly changed but the main units are very similar to 6th ed. (e.g squigs are called gnashers etc.) When playing Chris he said that he found the rules very similar to 8th ed.

I'd be perfectly willing to play 8th ed but is it/would it be possible to have any links to download the rule book and o&g army book?

If not would it be ok to play 9th age as an alternative?

If you wanna check out the army book and compare it side by side I'll add a link:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?beta-page/

Wood Elf equivalents are called Sylvan Elves.

Cheers

Phil

Well, that all sounds fair and understandable. I’ll have a quick mooch when I get the chance. Feel free to take a game with someone else if they offer! If not, bear with me!

Thanks and like wise - I'll also have a look to see if I can get my hands on some kind of downloadable version of the army book and rules for 8th.

I’m sorry. I’m just not going to have the chance to read the rules for a new game so i’ll Have to pull out. Sorry to mess you about. Hopefully you can sort something out, join the 5ed d&d game?

No worries and no problem at all. I've managed to find a download for the 8th Ed army book but no luck on a rule book as of yet. I'll keep having a look.

Edit: I've managed to find a copy of the rule book for 8th now so I could play 8th on Tuesday if you are still available?
40k or Blood Bowl anyone?
40k - Chaos Space Marines, Deathwatch & Imperial Knights
Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarf
Kill Team - Chaos Space Marines & Deathwatch

(25-06-2018, 11:27 AM)amnvespa Wrote: 40k or Blood Bowl anyone?

I'm up for either.

If 40K, do you want to fight my Space Smurfs instead ?
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Going to give Shadespire a try with Steve.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(25-06-2018, 12:28 PM)wako1302 Wrote:
(25-06-2018, 11:27 AM)amnvespa Wrote: 40k or Blood Bowl anyone?

I'm up for either.

I've got a 1200 point Knight & Guard list, mostly unpainted but happy to give that a whirl?
Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarf

(25-06-2018, 01:15 PM)amnvespa Wrote:
(25-06-2018, 12:28 PM)wako1302 Wrote: I'm up for either.

I've got a 1200 point Knight & Guard list, mostly unpainted but happy to give that a whirl?

Could we just do some 25PL games instead ?
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
(25-06-2018, 02:05 PM)wako1302 Wrote:
(25-06-2018, 01:15 PM)amnvespa Wrote: I've got a 1200 point Knight & Guard list, mostly unpainted but happy to give that a whirl?

Could we just do some 25PL games instead ?

With Chaos & Nids?
Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarf

I'll bring a Nids, just remembered that quite a few are on the bench getting painted for the league games.

I will also try and bring 25 pts of a different army.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance