Poll: What date can you make?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dec 13th
42.86%
3 42.86%
Dec 20th
0%
0 0%
Either Smile
57.14%
4 57.14%
Neither Sad
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lotr multiplayer Christmas spectacular
To end the Lotr campaign we'll have a multiplayer battle if there is enough interest. Ideally one massive game, probably a 'king of the hill' type scenario. Size of forces to be determined by no. of victory points in the campaign. If there is a clear dominant force in the campaign it may be 3 vs 1 or maybe the two good sides fight together while the two evil sides are separate. Alternatively each force could have it's own objective.

Alternatively, split onto two separate tables with teams of two on each to be more manageable (but might not be quite as fun)

What do people fancy playing?

Who can make the 13th or 20th Dec?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
My preference would be one big battle, split into good and evil.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I'm with JJ. Just a good vs evil ruckus. Everyone has the same points. Reinforcements arrive in time for a big bash! Each force has an objective to claim?
Same as above, I like the idea of a big final battle. Just wonder whether we'd have time to fit it into an evening? Could always look to hire the small hall on a weekend?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
A weekend sounds good! We could take our time and have slightly bigger armies to allow for characters. Istari and such!
All over this Big Grin Sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks. Looking forward to the big bash though.
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
Hopefully everyone is aware this is happening on the 13th Smile

Can people come with two lists (it depends who turns up on the day which one you'll be playing with):

a 200pt list (so 400pts per team - you can assign leftover points to your teammate) - if you struggle to write a list conforming to the 1:12 ratio of characters : warriors then a couple of extra warriors in a warband isn't a problem.

and also an individual 400pt list (no more than 30 models) each.

I have got a scenario involving controlling objectives and a randomised secret mission each. Use of heroes upgraded during the campaign is encouraged!

You are allowed to wear a christmas jumper and/or santa hat, but only if you bring biscuits as well!

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(06-12-2016, 02:12 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Hopefully everyone is aware this is happening on the 13th Smile

Can people come with two lists (it depends who turns up on the day which one you'll be playing with):

a 200pt list (so 400pts per team - you can assign leftover points to your teammate) - if you struggle to write a list conforming to the 1:12 ratio of characters : warriors then a couple of extra warriors in a warband isn't a problem.

I have got a scenario involving controlling objectives and a randomised secret mission each. Use of heroes upgraded during the campaign is encouraged!

You are allowed to wear a christmas jumper and/or santa hat, but only if you bring biscuits as well!

Chris

I'm just making some scenery. Osgiliath ruins. Shall I bring them too! Nice big ruins. If that affects your scenario at all?
(09-12-2016, 02:40 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 02:12 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Hopefully everyone is aware this is happening on the 13th Smile

Chris

I'm just making some scenery. Osgiliath ruins. Shall I bring them too! Nice big ruins. If that affects your scenario at all?

Sounds good, sure we can fit them in!
Cool. I finished them. I don't mess about. I'll bring all my LotR scenery. Looking forward to it!