Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revamping the club terrain
Shocked 
OK everybody, I'm going to start revamping the clubs terrain. After discussions with Stuart, the initial idea will be to get us a series of woods and other area terrain.

The concept is similar to the battlefield in a box, where you get a base plates of various shapes and sizes, then place trees, rocks etc on the base plates to represent the type of terrain.

Having hopefully sorted trees out, what I could do with is quite a few rocks/stones for some hard rocky terrain. I intend to cut a few circles of wood out, and mount these rocks onto them, then you'll place two or three circles onto the base plate. The circles will probably be 4-5cm in diameter, and I intend to stick three or four rocks on each (or one large one.)

So as a request if you are out and about walking and spot anything that you think might be of use to the project, I'm asking you to pick it up and bring it into the club.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Funnily enough i am in the process of gravelling my garden with some reasonably large stones, will bag some up tuesday and bring the if they are any good. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Would pieces of slate help? My parents live in Cornwall and are coming up soon they could bring a few pieces up?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I have just taken delivery of 100 (provided each bag contains the 50 it says,) trees. If you can picture the Battlefield in a Box, or my own personal gaming wood, the trees are of a similar style to those. Over the next few weeks, I'll start looking towards getting them based up ready for club use.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(13-03-2015, 07:57 AM)Gareth Wrote: I have just taken delivery of 100 (provided each bag contains the 50 it says,) trees. If you can picture the Battlefield in a Box, or my own personal gaming wood, the trees are of a similar style to those. Over the next few weeks, I'll start looking towards getting them based up ready for club use.

Have just started a new job and have aluminium sheet coming out the wazoo. If you want sone let me know.
Hey Gareth,

Were you able to make any progress on the trees front?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I have the trees. I got nowhere with cutting the hardboard during the summer. However most of what I need is sat at the house waiting for light/weather improvements.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
We're reviewing the club scenery currently. If anyone has any scenery they'd like to donate to the club, please feel free to do so, I know a few people have mentioned they've recently had some spare terrain come with a GW box set they don't require that could be put to good use at the club.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
For those not at the AGM, one of the ideas we are putting into practice is Boxes of various terrain pieces for Area Terrain. Think Woods, Tall Grasses, Rubble etc. The premise being that we prepare various different sizes and shapes of footprint templates, and then you select items to represent your Area Terrain. So if you fancy a wooded area, perhaps for Soft Cover, Difficult terrain, grab some trees. However if its just some impassible terrain, you might some chem pool pieces.

I have knocked up some trees for an example of how these pieces will look, prior to being on the Footprint Templates. They also are not finished and painted yet.

[Image: tree.png]

So if anyone has anything that they think might work (spare aquarium plants, sharp stones etc,) can I please grab them so I can get on with these. Also if anyone has a plastic box full of sand going spare, it appears I may have finished mine off.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen