Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chris's hobby thread
Great idea.

Post-Christmas I have helped Isaac assemble 4 Kroot and basecoat them, he is keen to get them painted. Sophie has recieved some Wood Elves and has started painting them and mike has sploshed some red paint on his pirates (which I then surreptitiously rinsed off so he can paint them again, don't think he will notice!)

I however have done nothing, apart from watch half of the first season of Homeland, eat chocolate and drink port.

In the works I want to finally put the finishing touches to my Deathwing, which involves painting shoulder-pad icons on about a dozen of them, putting final highlights on Belial, finishing the banner and magnetising a few arms.

I also want to paint the Dystopian Legions Blazing Sun force, so watch this space!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Sounds like fun! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Smile

It's nice getting the kids involved. Our Sophie (aged 4) asked if she could paint something while I was tinkering with The Hobbit figures, so I dug out an old Space Marine figure for her. He's looking rather splendid too, with his red, blue and gold patchwork colour scheme.

I'll have to buy her a few models from Hasslefree or Reaper I think.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
all sounds good. would like to see some pics
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(30-12-2012, 01:14 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I however have done nothing, apart from watch half of the first season of Homeland, eat chocolate and drink port.

That almost sounded like you were saying its a bad thing Chris?! lol

(02-01-2013, 11:28 AM)Stuart Wrote: It's nice getting the kids involved. Our Sophie (aged 4) asked if she could paint something while I was tinkering with The Hobbit figures, so I dug out an old Space Marine figure for her. He's looking rather splendid too, with his red, blue and gold patchwork colour scheme.

I'll have to buy her a few models from Hasslefree or Reaper I think.

Awesome, another new chapter! Who do they think they are, Bretonnian's?!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
OK here is the first Ashigaru from Dystopian Legions i painted as a test model before I do the rest:

Just noticed the banner needs a little bit of tidying up but I think it looks OK so have started painting the rest of the Ashigaru.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looking great Chris! Will try and crack on with some of mine today.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Looking good!

Great to see pics and not just descriptions of whats happening Smile

Looks great dude! =)
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Love it.