Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Breaker - Malifaux Tournament 12/2/12
Right then into the main event. Sunday morning I got up nice and early, to make sure everything was loaded into the car, for the return home after the tournament. After a breakfast and shower, I headed off to the RAFA club in Harrogate, and entered the building. Upon arrival, I headed up to the registration desk to erm...., register. That involved me confirming my name, selecting my faction for the day (Arcanists,) creating a name badge for myself and arranging with James 'mythicFOX' Doxey to have a chat later about GenCon.

When everyone finally arrived, we were given the option of 4 games with 80 minute rounds, or 3 games with 100 minute rounds. The consensus was to go for 4 (3 would have been more comfortable with me getting the hang of things, but 4 games is better value for money.) Pairings were announced and I was drawn against Rob '13th Warrior' Owens. The Strategy was Slaughter, and Rob chose to use a Lilith crew. I was over the moon at this, as I explained I could see how it worked, and give Alan some pointers. Being the fool that I am I forgot to take many notes, and Schemes Rob took are forgotten, but I selected Bodyguard and Kill Protege. I remember I took Rasputina, an Essence of Power, an Ice Golem, 2 Ice Gamin, a Silent one and a Convict Gunslinger. Rob had something like Lilith, Primodial Magic, 2 Mature Nephilm and 3 Terror Tots. I was destroyed by flying bats all over the place, diving in and hitting me hard, without much chance to defend. I took out several of his smaller things, but eventually with nothing left on the table, Rob won 8-0. After the game he showed me some tricks that Lilith can do, which was interesting. To be honest I was always going to be up against things with my crew selection. Rob had 2 Matures, and 1 was always going to hang back, with me having Kill Protege (which ever one I selected.) The crew as a whole is easy to hit, with low defence, and not the most survivable, but it was a very interesting game, against a very decent chap.

Game 2 pairings went up, and I moved onto the bottom table, number 7. This time I played Jamie Forth, who took Guild. This time we were given Claim Jump,

tbc.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ice Breaker - Malifaux Tournament 12/2/12 - by Gareth - 12-02-2012, 09:57 PM