Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please
Thanks ms Luke, I'm gonna order it all now! Any advice on what glue and other assembly tools I will need? I've only worked with metal minis before...

(18-06-2017, 09:56 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(18-06-2017, 09:24 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Hi Luke, I'm totally sold on UCM - it scratches my Battlestar itch. If you were in my position - and you had £200 to spend what would you buy? It's burning a hole in my pocket! :-)

(18-06-2017, 08:48 PM)LukeR Wrote:
(18-06-2017, 05:06 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: Hi All, after visiting UKGE and seeing the Hawk stand, followed by a quick look at the tournament tables, I'm going all in on Dropfleet. Jason tells me the club players won and placed at the tournament so I was hoping for some advice. I'll be buying the two player starter set but eventually want to compete at the 1250 range. Anyone recommend what else I should be ordering for UCM to reach that level?

Second Will's comment - it's worth playing a few games to get a feel for what style you want to play.

As a fellow UCM player, I'm not entirely sold on Battleships and prefer the Battlecruisers, but that's just me.

The starter set plus an additional starter fleet would be a good starting point - you would have enough to play a 1000 game which would be a good starting point - then you can play a few games and get a feel for what you like.

Command cards would be good as well.

I love the UCM Carriers personally - the Seattle is a great ship as is the Atlantis Battlecruiser.

If you want to go with the Battlestar theme then the New York Battleship seems fittings, it's got a scary amount of launch...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for an enthusiastic beginner please - by Adam Duckett - 19-06-2017, 07:17 PM