Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris's Cally Batreps
Game 1 – vs Iron Hands Deathstar. Hammer and Anvil. I think the mission was 4 objectives, cleanse and control.
Craig’s list was something like this:

The deathstar was mainly from a fists of medusa strike force
Chapter Master, bike, gorgon’s chain, artificier armour, power fist; 6 librarians on bikes, all lvl2 (two conclaves), 3 with staves and 3 with axes; a command squad on bikes with 4 gravguns, 4 stormshields, the banner of the emporer asscendant, and an apothecary; saint celestine; 2 priests with some weird hymn thing (reroll wounds). Oh, and a techmarine on a bike.
As well as all that in a single unit he had 3 separate whirlwinds, a battle sister squad and a dreadnought with assault cannon.

I won the roll off and deployed first across the board only reserving the Culexus in a drop pod and the scouts who were to outflank.
He deployed the deathstar far enough back that I couldn’t get many shots off with my bikes even with them scouting forward which I duly did and he failed to seize.
I advanced, my Culexus podding down was meant to be on a flank targeting a librarian but scattered in front of the deathstar. He jumped out and pumped 15 shots into the techmarine who look out sirred onto the chapter master who tanked all the wounds with his 3++ and 2+ FNP! A Psyk out grenade caused a perils on his libby who forgot how to make things invisible Smile That was the only one with invisibility…
The rest of my shooting put a single wound on the techmarine and a single wound on the chapter master. So much for an alpha strike!

His turn 1 saw him multi-assualt the drop pod, the culexus and a 3-man bike squad. The Culexus was squished by the dreadnoughts S10 power fist and the drop pod was wrecked but the bike squads lone survivor hit and run.

Turn 2 and I went for it as he had no powers up so it was now or never. All my shooting and an assault by both black knight squads saw 1 librarian and the techmarine dead with the chapter master taking a second wound. Blam! Brick wall hit!
He hit and run.

Can’t remember much else apart from him getting powers up turn 2 which included reroll all saves, and he began psychic shrieking my bikes and assaulting other units. After this turn there was very little chance of hurting him so the rest of the game was me scattering, damage limitation while trying to score maelstrom and killpoints. At the end of the game I had scouts on one objective at my board edge and he had the others. I also had an attack bike who miraculously survived to score me linebreaker, and I had taken out two whirlwinds, the sisters squad and the dread.

So a 16-4 loss.

Looking back I’m really not sure what else I could have done, really needed some Strength D in this army or a massive volume of shooting or something. The 3+ FNP that the entire unit had was just too much.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
Chris's Cally Batreps - by jaqenhgar - 20-07-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by Embolden - 20-07-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by will - 20-07-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by jaqenhgar - 20-07-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by will - 20-07-2016, 10:19 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by Embolden - 21-07-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by jaqenhgar - 21-07-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by jaqenhgar - 21-07-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by Embolden - 21-07-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by jaqenhgar - 22-07-2016, 08:53 AM
RE: Chris's Cally Batreps - by Embolden - 22-07-2016, 09:48 AM