Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own
So as everyone seems to be making list threads for their tournament lists I thought I would have a go. I'm pretty sure that I could improve my list from last year very easily by dropping the mawlock and Lictors and replacing them with a second flyrant. However that's boring who wants to use what will defiantly work when you can experiment. Haha

Therefore for your delictation I present my "Tide of flesh" tyranid list:

Quote:+++ Tide of flesh (1850pts) +++

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1420pts) ++

+ HQ (145pts) +

Tyranid Prime (145pts) [Lashwhip & Boneswords, Scything Talons]

+ Elites (45pts) +

Venomthrope Brood (45pts) [Venomthrope]

+ Troops (1150pts) +

Genestealer Brood (280pts) [20x Genestealer]

Genestealer Brood (280pts) [20x Genestealer]

Hormagaunt Brood (150pts) [30x Hormagaunt]

Hormagaunt Brood (140pts) [28x Hormagaunt]

Termagant Brood (120pts) [30x Fleshborer Termagant]

Tyranid Warrior Brood (180pts)
··Tyranid Warrior [Devourer, Scything Talons]

+ Heavy Support (80pts) +

Biovore Brood (40pts) [Biovore]

Biovore Brood (40pts) [Biovore]

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (430pts) ++

+ Formation (430pts) +

Tyrant Node (430pts)
··Hive Tyrant [Regeneration, Scything Talons, Scything Talons, The Norn Crown]
··Tyrant Guard Brood
····Tyrant Guard [Scything Talons]
··Venomthrope Brood [Venomthrope]

Created with BattleScribe

That's 143 models, a meagre 45 more than last year but their is no bookkeeping from the endless swarm to worry about (yay). It's effectively a killpoint and first blood denial list as with clever deployment nothing in this army can be alpha striked off. The tyrant node gives my hive tyrant a 18" synapse and the norn crow adds another 6" so the hive tyrant is literally the lynch pin to the army as he alone can provide synapse to everything and with such long range synapse he can hide at the back for the board and do it.

The plan as I see it would be to simply cover half the board in shrouded fearless models score lots of maelstrom and eternal war points and give away only a small amount of kill points. It's not a brilliant plan and I need to play test to see what works. This list dropped out of me doing a check of what models I have and after putting the troops on the table wondering how many points that would be, hence the not very concrete strategy. Big Grin

Things I am not sure about; the warriors, I could have a dakka flyrant instead of the warriors and prime; The genestealers, two units of twenty could be a bit overkill will need to play test and see what works and doesn't work.

What do you guys think? And does anyone think I will be able to finish a game with this list?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Messages In This Thread
Will's tournament list(s) - Quantity has a quality all of its own - by will - 10-04-2016, 09:50 AM