Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escalation campaign? And possible new 40K campaign for the summer
Hi all,

I was wondering if the Escalation campaign that started back in the spring is still going? I've not been down for a few weeks now due to finishing my teacher training (qualified, grade 1), but I haven't been hearing much about it.

With the summer school holiday stretching ahead, my thoughts have turned to possibly coordinating a summer/ autumn campaign/ league for RedWarSoc 40k players. I've always wanted to do one, but never quite had the time or local player base.

Anyway, given the initial interest I saw in Vince's escalation, campaign, I think this could work nicely. My initial rough sketch is for the campaign to be league based, beginning at a compact 750pts, with a heavily restricted FOC (1 HQ, 1 Elite, 1 Heavy, 1 Fast Attack, min 2 Troop, no AV14, some kind of limit on psychic, no flyers, no super-heavies, no named characters) . Victory and booty will lead to an unlocking of points and the FOC, in a measured way. I'm thinking of running an artificial money system too, with each victory giving you x imperial credits (monopoly money), which you can use to buy an extra 25 points to your army list, an additional Elites slot, and army-wide special rule, unlocking AV14 etc. To prevent leading armies running away with it, there would be an "underdog" booster payout for low ranking armies that take on and draw or beat the top tiered players. I would update the league weekly, and possibly even have a prize at the end of a fixed time scale, like eight weeks.

What are people's initial thoughts? I would look to start this campaign around the middle of August.

Stay nerdy,

Matt
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018

Messages In This Thread
Escalation campaign? And possible new 40K campaign for the summer - by scoundrel13 - 08-07-2015, 09:19 PM