Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is games workshop getting its act together?
Warning, slightly ranty :p
Codex creep stopped ages ago in my opinion, 90% of the codex and supplements are balanced and 7th edition is by far my favourite iteration of the rules.

The problem with GW hobby wise is that due to the internet, people see netlists and peoples opinions of certain models on forums and then have an opinion on certain builds and models without even playing them!

For example, Riptides were awesome in 6th edition due to the fact you could put a Buffmander with them, leading to the dreaded O'vesa star. In 7th, my Riptides do little in most games, it is mainly missilesides with markerlight support and missile suits with Buffmander that do the damage but due to the stigma with Riptides, they get moaned at for being cheesey (hence my shelving of mine/reduction to 1, despite it being my favourite GW model Sad )

The only issue i have is the lack of FAQ and Errata updates to codex, they used to reasonable regular but now happen very rarely!
I'm also enjoying the rapid release schedule.

Financially, i do agree that GW are entering risky territory with the rebranding of armies, rumoured rebooting of fantasy and switching to being the producers of collectable models (which i hear is for IP reasons on other forums) rather than a gaming company first. The prices for some things are in the extortionate level, i do wish they would drop the price level on some things. £18 for a sang priest for example is a shocking price point.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is games workshop getting its act together? - by manrogue - 20-03-2015, 01:51 PM