Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to get Royal Mail to lift restrictions on shipping water based paint
Spotted this and no idea it was coming into effect-
Quote:OrlandotheTechnicoloured on dakka wrote-

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/r...sed-paints

What is this?

Due to recent changes in their shipping restrictions, Royal Mail will no longer ship more than 4 pots of water-based paint per package, with each pot having a maximum volume of 150ml. Packages which breach this policy are identified by x-ray and then sent away to be destroyed. Repeat offenders will then be prosecuted.

Water-based paint guidelines

Who does this affect?

There are a lot of people in the UK sending or receiving paints, whether for hobby or professional use, and policies like this are also restricting a variety of small businesses. Thousands of people order water-based paints every week, and we hope to gain enough support for Royal Mail to consider changing the restrictions on these items.

It would be worth all UK based Dakka users who mail order paint (or might want to in the future) signing this (not sure if signatures from those living abroad but ordering from the UK will count)

I REALLY don't want all the mail order places limiting use to no more than 4 pots of paint (whatever the size) per order

Would kill me as tend to get my paint off eBay in sets of 10..... And then never put it on my models..... Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

Messages In This Thread
Petition to get Royal Mail to lift restrictions on shipping water based paint - by manrogue - 21-11-2013, 11:42 AM