Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapterhouse vs Gw - Round 2, appeal process
Couldn't find the original thread so thought i would create a new one.
GW seem to be intent on filing an appeal against Chapterhouse.(Edit- Misread this, Chapterhouse are going after GW it seems, after settlement couldn't be sorted!) What they didn't expect was powerhouse US law firms to get involved.

After the initial decision, the head of GW's legal department left (whether walked or pushed is unknown, many assumed pushed as she was reportedly in tears at the hearing).

The reason i bring it up is it could get very interesting from what i have read from the wargaming Lawyers on Dakka. (see below post by him

Quote:Weeble1000 wrote-
10/22/2013 444 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Filing fee $ 50, receipt number 0752-8850285. (Steinberg, Donald) (Entered: 10/22/2013)

Hold the phone. There's a new surprise.

Donald R. Steinberg is on the case.

Donald Steinberg is the chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Department, a member of the firm’s Management Committee, and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group and FinTech Group. He joined the firm in 1994.

This is no joke. Donald Steinberg being on the case is a really big deal.

The first article says of the Broadcom v Qualcom litigation "The WilmerHale team working the case was led by William Lee, Donald Steinberg and others, and in February, the jury returned a verdict of non-infringement on all claims."

William F. Lee is WilmerHale's managing partner and a veritable legend in IP litigation. When I mentioned that WilmerHale represented Apple, it was Mr. Lee who was on the case.

This is really big news. Really big. This case had profile before, but I think it is about to become high profile in mainstream IP litigation.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

Messages In This Thread
Chapterhouse vs Gw - Round 2, appeal process - by manrogue - 23-10-2013, 09:39 AM